*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Still using my One M7. M7 to M8 and M9 is like upgrading from a GTX 970 to 980 and 980Ti. I was hoping the M10 would be significant enough. It looks nice in those renders but front facing speakers is to good to give up.

Still using my One M7. M7 to M8 and M9 is like upgrading from a GTX 970 to 980 and 980Ti. I was hoping the M10 would be significant enough. It looks nice in those renders but front facing speakers is to good to give up.

They are likely still virtualised through the bottom speaker and top grill. Will be interesting to see if that is the case.

It has boomsound, just not front facing speakers as we know it.
Although they may utilise the earpiece speaker with the bottom speaker as they've done on at least one of their desire phones.

Rumour roundup:

http://vrdwellersblog.com/2016/03/16/leak-overview-htc-10-m10/
◾Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
◾HTC Sense 8 UI
◾5.2″ (~5.15″) QHD resolution display, potentially AMOLED
◾Fingerprint scanner, doubling as a home button
◾Capacitive navigation buttons on either side of the home button
◾Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 with Adreno 530 graphics
◾4 GB’s of RAM
◾12 MP camera with PDAF and laser assisted auto-focus (Sony IMX377 sensor with a 1.55 um pixel size)
◾Optical Image Stabilization on both the rear camera and the front facing camera
◾Storage starting at 32GB in most markets, with expandability via micro-SD
◾USB-C charging port
◾3000-3600 mAh battery, depending on validity of various leaks
◾Boomsound audio, potentially with Hi-fi audio via MQA
Looks a lot like the US flat galaxy S7 specs but missing being water proof and wireless charging support
But has USB-C support which S7 doesn't

Last edited:
SLCD is not new, it's just a panel with no air gap between front glass and panel. The result is a screen that looks like content is "floating" on top of it. HTC have used it in the past.

SLCD is not new, it's just a panel with no air gap between front glass and panel. The result is a screen that looks like content is "floating" on top of it. HTC have used it in the past.
It wasn't SLCD 5 though.

Cant find much on it however, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Either way Im eagar to see what they bring to the table as an overall package:)

Likewise. HTC have always done a good job with sense too - just the camera that's likely to be the Achilles heel unless those rumours about the senser are right and they do a good job with the software

Yet another underpowered phone. (battery)
Yet another withdrawal of a good feature (front speakers)
Yet another phone with no stand out features from middle of range Chinese imports

Nothing on this stands out.

Back
Top Bottom