*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Only really seen Marques' video so far, liking the look of the device and new sense and their reduction in duplicate apps and bloat.

But above £500 isn't worth it in my view right now so reckon i'll wait it out a number of weeks see what happens with the price.

So i had an iPhone 6S and recently traded it for a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Firstly, i'm a huge HTC fan. I loved my HTC Diamond and HTC Desire even more, i also purchased the HTC One and M8. I really like their UI approach with Sense, they just seem all the more together than Samsung in that regard... It's only recently that "Touch Wiz" is now not a negative anymore.

However... HTC Battery life has always left me disappointed, the camera performance has never been spectacular and they've always seemed to mess something up and make what would be a perfect phone not.

The problem HTC have this year is that Samsung have nailed it with the S7 Edge. Samsung have addressed everything and released a great phone with a truly mind blowing battery performance (The Enyx EU ver being better than the Snapdragon also on battery life).

If HTC had released this last year, in competition with the S6. I still wouldn't of bought it, i would have stayed with my iPhone 6 and still upgraded to the 6S... But, i think HTC would have had a phone which clearly betters Samsungs offering (Forgetting the obvious differences in SOC as time moves on). The fact that they've done this (Providing journalists all give it fantastic reviews) at a time where Samsungs offering is so strong, i can't see them recovering.

I think it's a great shame HTC lost what was a great momentum they had when they release the HTC Desire, their growth and device approach looked like they'd be the one to envy in the Android space. Unfortunately they've burnt allot of bridges with consumers with their battery performance, OS updates and exaggerated camera phone claims.

One thing i will say - if you've not owned a HTC phone with "Boom Sound" like speakers before - it's definitely something you should experience. It fantastic and makes watching the odd video a make better experience without headphones, it's quite amazing how good the sound quality is. It's one area i wish Samsung had addressed in the S7 Edge but it's one i can forgive for all the rest they got right.

Last edited:
Looks great, more like the original M7. I didn't like the 8 or 9. Not happy about the removal of the bottom speaker either. Front facing speakers IS an innovation.

Oh htc what have you done to me. I was all set to buy a nexus 6P as I wasn't too keen on the leaked images and specs. Now I actually like to look of this phone from the videos, I might just hand fire and wait for the full reviews.

The headphone jack is along the top, but the (bottom) speaker is on the bottom edge...that's a bit annoying, since if you're listening to music, you'll put it one way in your pocket, and if you're not listening, you have to remember to put it the other way, otherwise the bottom firing speaker will just go towards the floor rather than towards your ears.

The headphone jack is along the top, but the (bottom) speaker is on the bottom edge...that's a bit annoying, since if you're listening to music, you'll put it one way in your pocket, and if you're not listening, you have to remember to put it the other way, otherwise the bottom firing speaker will just go towards the floor rather than towards your ears.

The bottom speaker is actually a subwoofer and it has been said it doesn't matter what direction the phone is facing, it should produce great sound.

I like how they've Googley-fied the whole stock apps thing. Nice!

But...

1: It costs too much compared to the competition.
2: It is not IPX rated.

[TW]Fox;29383917 said:
I thought the RRP was identical to that of the competition?

With the specs and features on offer, it is too expensive. There is no USP with the HTC 10 to warrant £570. All of the other flagships from competitors have at least one USP to at least somewhat justify their cost. Whether those are liked by all potential buyers or not, they are still there at least.

It could be argued the 24bit DAC is a USP, but then again other phones support high res audio too and in this day and age many people use bluetooth apt-x earbuds as they are more convenient and almost just as good as wired.

Last edited:
The bottom speaker is actually a subwoofer and it has been said it doesn't matter what direction the phone is facing, it should produce great sound.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I didn't mean the bottom firing speaker is bad when watching videos or whatever, because I know it also has one front firing speaker still, but with my M8 I actually miss calls or notifications occasionally in moderately noisy places (out and about in town or whatever), even with vibrate.

If the headphone jack is at the top but a speaker is along the bottom, when I'm listening to music I have to put the phone in my pocket one way, but if I'm not listening to music I would have to remember to put the phone in my pocket the opposite way so that the bottom speaker is facing up.

I sound really nitpicky, but as I said I have had occasional problems with hearing my M8 currently. Just a minor annoyance.

Back
Top Bottom