*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Does anyone else lose Internet if you're on wireless and then disconnect and try to use 3g? I have to keep rebooting my phone for the internet to work :\

Nope, sounds like a hardware fault to me :( Does it do it on different routers?
(Best make sure the wifi antenna is secure too, it's in the top cap by the power button)

Unless you directly compare it to your old phone time on etc etc, then I suspect you are over critical
I think I'm being slightly over critical. Maybe I got wrapped up in the whole buzz about people getting 2 full days of heavy use and other such nonsense? I have come from a Desire though, and I would regularly get 1.5 days of average use. I'd still charge it every night just to make sure, though.

I think I'm being slightly over critical. Maybe I got wrapped up in the whole buzz about people getting 2 full days of heavy use and other such nonsense? I have come from a Desire though, and I would regularly get 1.5 days of average use. I'd still charge it every night just to make sure, though.

Was not aimed at you personally m8, just a generalization.

I doubt I could get 2days out of it with heavy use though.

I guess it all depends on the Lipo charge circuits hi/lo set point though.
One thing I have noticed about the many devices (not phones) I have that use liPo, the 'full and 'empty cut off' values differ greatly.
HTC could be using a very conservative figure that will not suit some cells

I mostly get 2 days out of it and around 4 hours on screen time (manual brightness control), usage is spread out, mainly morning, afternoon and then night time. Usage is just the usual, browsing mainly, camera (couple of photos, videos), file transfers over LAN, youtube videos, few texts/phone calls and connected to wifi most of the time and when not, then a G/H connection.

Getting tired of waiting for this update now, the XL has had this update officially for quite a while and still no sign of the S getting the update!!!! :mad: (both use the same hardware except the screen)

Nice :cool: How is he getting it for free? (free upgrade on contract?)

Certainly will be good to hear your thoughts on the 2 compared.

You will have to take over kona's and stoosh's place for all the comparison photos etc. :D :p

His colleague is getting a free upgrade but wants to keep their current phone :o

Yeah i just look forward to seeing the screen that's all. Internals etc doesn't bother me no doubt i will love the screen

Been a while since I uploaded a video so here is one of TC ripping apart some kitchen roll, he usually goes absolutely mad and really rips it apart, shaking his head non stop :D

Great vid Nexus.

TC is looking at you thinking, "you play with the towel, I cant be bothered" :D

hehe, it certainly does come across like that! :D

@stoosh

Yup, I will have to start capturing more videos of him and Sprite again and also try to get some slow motion goodness :cool: :p

@Skillmister

Nice video, got to love the stereo audio recording! Great sound quality :cool:

The AF did appear to go rather mental there, *click click click click click click click click click click click click * :p

Just upgraded my Desire to a One S and love the extra speed and screen size etc, but is the WiFi range on these a bit pants or do they issues have much like all new tech. We have an open WiFi in the building next door at work and my Desire picks it up straight away and the OS just shows connecting/saving etc.

I went from a Desire to One S and the wifi isnt as powerful. With the router in the lounge i used to be able to get connected easily in the kitchen (which is through 3 walls) with the Desire but the One S struggles.

Very nice upgrade :cool:

Wifi is good for me, signal strength and speeds etc. are great, perhaps the wifi signal could be better (hard to say really), but I am using the virgin superhub, which isn't great for signal strength, distance anyway.

Only problem I seem to have is after midnight my wifi and mobile data connection always seems to switch of when the mobile is "asleep/screen off", never happens during the day and when the mobile is awake at the time it happens :confused:

Back
Top Bottom