*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Oh! :eek: Glad to see that it is a feature and not an issue :) Although I could have sworn that this didn't happen when I had my S for like the first month or 2 :confused:

It doesn't really bother me too much anyway especially knowing that it isn't a problem now.

Last edited:
My dad got his S3 today. Only played with it for about a minute, mixed feelings so far... it definitely feels big even if its only a tiny difference! Will try a bit more over the next few days :o

65mm is wide enough for me, the SGS3 is 7cm! The One S could've been a bit shorter though, I'm also coming to the conclusion it's too thin to hold comfortably.... :eek: Anyone else?

I personally think the one S is the perfect size for width and height, although I am not too bothered about the size of phones unless it is stupidly big like the note :p (would definitely go no bigger than the X/GS 3) But it is a bonus overall having a smaller device due to how much more comfortable it is to hold in one hand.

I love the thinness of the S, although I certainly would much rather have a bigger battery and sacrifice the thinness though :p so bigger battery and about an extra 0.5mm would be lovely.

The one S is easily the most pleasing smart-phone to hold for ergonomics/comfortableness compared to pretty much every other smart-phone out there IMO, the size combined with the curves is just spot on IMO and then the ceramic/aluminium uni-body just makes it sooooooooooooo much nicer :D

Having issues with mine at the moment, has only been doing it for the last couple of weeks.

Basically when using mobile data the connections keeps freezing on the upload, so the H icon is on with the up arrow illuminated but I don't actually have a data connection.

The only way to get data back is to turn it off and on, then it will work for a while (sometimes a few seconds, occasionally a few minutes) before freezing again.

I know these phones have connection issues but reading online people seem to lose all connectivity not just data. (calls / texts are fine)

Anyone had this? I'm on Talktalk (Vodafone) who seem to have the most connection issues.

Apart from the above, I'm still loving the phone. For me the size if perfect, I was worried it was too big at first but now my old phone just seems tiny.

Nope haven't had any of those issues, there are times when using the H connection that a web page won't load straight away, it appears that the connection has frozen but this usually only lasts for like a second or 2 and then it loads the page.

Maybe try a factory reset and see if that fixes the problem? (you will loose everything on your phone though, but usually when certain issues crop up, much like this a factory reset fixes it) If not then I would try and hold out for the latest update (no idea when though, thought we would have had this long ago by now, but still no sign of it arriving on the majority of unbranded/unlocked S's :(), which seems to have fixed/improve the connection/signal issues and if that hasn't fixed it then try and return it, however, you are very likely to get the S3 snapdragon version back then (assuming they just give you a new phone and don't try to repair your current one), which is no where as good as the S4 version.

Although it could just be a problem with your network if it has only started happening in the last few weeks?

Having issues with mine at the moment, has only been doing it for the last couple of weeks.

Basically when using mobile data the connections keeps freezing on the upload, so the H icon is on with the up arrow illuminated but I don't actually have a data connection.

The only way to get data back is to turn it off and on, then it will work for a while (sometimes a few seconds, occasionally a few minutes) before freezing again.

I know these phones have connection issues but reading online people seem to lose all connectivity not just data. (calls / texts are fine)

Anyone had this? I'm on Talktalk (Vodafone) who seem to have the most connection issues.

Apart from the above, I'm still loving the phone. For me the size if perfect, I was worried it was too big at first but now my old phone just seems tiny.

i get this from time to time; it's annoying, but it's easily solved as you say.

on a slightly more annoying note, if i'm sat at my desk sometimes, router under a meter away from the phone, wifi will ping pong up and down rapidly every so often... no idea why :confused:

Seems people (more this time :p) are now getting the update OTA (not rooted etc.)!!!!!

ver 2.31.401.5, android 4.0.4, sense 4.1, new radio and kernel.

Nothing on my end yet and I'm out for most of the day so hopefully get it later on tonight, fingers crossed! :p

Seems people (more this time :p) are now getting the update OTA (not rooted etc.)!!!!!

ver 2.31.401.5, android 4.0.4, sense 4.1, new radio and kernel.

Nothing on my end yet and I'm out for most of the day so hopefully get it later on tonight, fingers crossed! :p

i've not received it yet on 3 (whether that makes much of a difference or not), but i'm HUGELY excited for this! let it be today, please!!!

Just got home there and checked to see if any updates and I have ...................................................... none :mad: :(

I am pretty sure we all should get this relatively soon though as threads are popping up every where on the one S sub forum:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1847023&page=4

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1847422

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1847096

Amongst a few others.

XDA, the place to have many many many threads on the same topic :o :p

Seems the new update is just for Europe phones at the minute :(

This better not take weeks for it to get to us! :mad: Extremely tempted to root and just flash custom ROMs etc. now.

My unlocked arc took a month or two for official OTAs because of the unlucky device ID :p (I think my Dad's HD7 went 4 months before official mango)

Flash if you want instant updates.

Tempted to as we haven't received any updates for months now, only had the 1, Europe and USA have had 2 now......

Some guy posted some improvements/changes that he has noticed (we already know of a few though):

What I've noticed:
*Smoother transitions on home screens
* "Tabs" button in browser
*Back/Forward buttons rearranged in browser menu
*Recent Apps button can be configured for recent apps and "menu" in any order (touch/touch and hold)
*Less H/3G switching, higher data speeds in same network area
*Slight improvement in battery performance
*Transition for Recent Apps improved
*"Rescue" and "EA Games" app available

Other observations:

*Quadrant score improved from 4600 to 5480
*HTC System apps open much faster
*Screen rotation faster'

Back
Top Bottom