*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Hmm, had a quick google, a few videos/forums labelling it as gorilla glass 2, certainly hope it isn't! :(

On gsmarena it just says corning gorilla glass, where as with the GS 3 it specifically says gorilla glass 2.

Just looking through some photos and forgot to upload a few shots.

Absolutely love the camera features on this phone, depth of field is superb:

D0TV4.jpg
Going to try and get a photo of something a bit more colourful in the next few days, but the amount of detail that is picked up in the wings and white stones :eek: Should have moved in for a closer shot but didn't really have the time :p (Zoom in a bit to get more detail)

BlOfU.jpg
Negative mode is great for cat shots :p

DAi4H.jpg
ICyY8.jpg

And just a quick snap of TC lying down as he usually does :D

LhaCf.jpg

Last edited:
i had something weird go on with my phone last night; it started a download which just said

<untitled>
data

it didn't complete after running for about 15/20 mins, it stopped itself... anyone have an idea of what this might be?

Ok, after those 3 youtube videos on the S having NFC, it turns out that it doesn't have NFC after all:

Today I took my S4 into the smallest pieces (even the shields above the chips on the motherboard) and I did not found any chip with NXP on it.
I found one chip which was a TriQuint TQM7M5013 (Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE-Linear Power Amplifier Module) next to the 2 Samsung memory chips and the Qualcomm processor.
I still have hope there might be a NFC chip in the S3 models...

Some pics of the S taken apart:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8z20x8pkovh2qhb/rBNY8fO4IH

Still no update and I sent them an email asking about it as well as some other guy and both got a response saying to give it 6 weeks...........

Pretty annoyed about the updates tbh, only had the 1 update and the second update is taking forever to get here (granted the phone doesn't have as many problem as the X did, but the problems it did have i.e. the signal were ground breaking for a majority of people and should have had a series of updates within the first 2-3 months to try and fix the issue, thank god the only real problem I have is the 3 dot menu button on the bottom. This new update does seem to be bring many improvements though).

I dread to think what it will be like when jellybean comes about.

Superb phone let down by xxxxxx support so far like many other android mobiles :(

hehe I just may well do that! :D Really can't wait to see the device(s).

Will have to look awesome and be really well built ideally with aluminium though in order to make me move from the S! :p Shame some things won't be as good on stock android as it is on sense V4 though like the camera UI/features etc.

I wonder if google will ever sort the fragmentation problem out? They don't seem to be overly bothered that ICS still isn't on the majority of phones. It is the biggest and the only problem with android now, they have pretty much perfected the OS with ICs and JB, now they need to work on this issue!!!!

I blame the OEM's - it's a lot to do with the skin's and features that cause this delay.

I soo hope the Gnex looks the same as it is now with a better soc/storage and screen visibility is the sun.

The current drop of 2012 phones haven't really tempted me away from my S2 - maybe because my family memebers have them and I've already played with them to death :D.

I have 3 upgrades due this month :o :D

Yeah, that is the biggest downsides to custom skins etc. :(

There must be a way around it though, so that they can update the core functions of android without having to faff about with their stuff, do that at a later date.

Would be nice of google to tell them to step their game up anyway as currently it seems to be taking forever for even the most minor of updates to come to phones i.e. 4.0.4

Likewise, although I hope they make the back of the device a lot better looking, as long as it doesn't look like the GS 3 then it will be fine :p :D

In order for me to upgrade from the S, it will have to have:

- 720P screen
- S4 chip
- at least 16GB storage
- 4.3-4.8" screen
- NFC
- at least a 1800mAh battery
- Look damn sexy and be built really well, ideally aluminium
- have audio as good as the S/GS 3
- have a camera as good as the S/X/GS 3
- cost no more than £450 (will probably have to wait for this)

Bonus's:

- removable battery
- on screen buttons (this will be pretty much a given though :p)
- SD slot

Damn you and your family for getting upgrades at the good times and getting good phones!!!! :p

Last edited:
They look great specs wise and huge batteries :D, however, design is rather ugly :p Software doesn't look too bad on them, however, crappy support and lack of updates = an instant no no :p

Plus their cameras are usually pretty poor.

dxfGp.png

Yeah I love the HOS and really can't see myself changing unless one of the nexus devices is really good, just wish HTC give the 1S a bit more attention regarding updates and sped the process up, also a bit annoyed as they did say they were going to cut down on the amount of devices that they would release yet they still are doing the same thing and they all seem rather pointless phones......

Back
Top Bottom