*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Gross :eek: :D

Nah i just want to see how smooth ios6 etc feels and if there is even a noticeable difference in real world use compared to the OneS which i haven't even tweaked much to be faster. (still have animations etc on)

It's also nice to see the iphone 5 isn't without it's issues. Don't want to spark a fanboy vs fanboy debate but with there being manufacturing issues, signal issues, screen issues, battery issues..... doesn't make the odd things we've put up with seem so bad now :D

Speaking of issues, this is what my chipping looks like now. It's gotten slightly worse i think, but that may well be down to the fact i dropped it last night and it banged between my pc case and my bed :( was expecting a smashed screen lol but i escaped. At the end of the day though unless i look closely or i've just cleaned it, it just looks like dust so i'm still not bothered.

wmLRU.jpg

Yup, all phones have issues, no company are any better at all really, what matters most is how/what they do to try and solve the issues. The iphone 5 does appear to have quite a few issues though, the chipping (same as the S), many people reporting poor battery life, yellow tinting on the screen (seems to apply to iphones a lot this issue although all screen panels usually have some form of a problem with tints, no display is the exact same) amongst a few other things and well the iOS issues such as maps........... :D

It will be interesting to see what Apple does with regards to the chipping though, as HTC got a newly designed version out within 2-3 months iirc and said that people could get their handsets exchanged for a new one if they encountered the chipping issues. They will either get something sorted out rather quickly or they might just brush it of as not a problem, much like they did with the signal issue on the iphone 4 and saying all phones were the same :rolleyes:

Thankfully my S hasn't shown any signs of chipping anywhere apart from the USB inside edges.

The iphone 5 looks worse IMO, almost looks like dents rather than just a peeling effect.

Maybe after people (apple fanboys) seeing all the issues with the iphone 5 they will finally stop saying about "apple's products being perfect out of the box with no build or quality control issues compared to android phones" :p

Last edited:
Yeah, hoping this update will improve my battery life again, but I doubt it, may have to a factory reset after the update to solve that issue. Again battery only lasted for 3 hours on screen time with about 1 day and 18 hours, should be getting at least another 1-2 hours on screen time for that sort of usage of mine :( Although I checked battery stats and this time suspend backoff was using a lot, similar to fluttershy's screen shots.

Nice first impressions then! :cool:

Going to run a few tests regarding wifi and signal before the update and then after and will post here the improvements if any :p

Don't install the new Apex update! By all accounts its force closing for just about everyone. Thank god I checked the reviews before updating!

Oh, One S, unbranded, unlocked on giff gaff, now rocking 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1 (well Apex :p).

Can check signal at work tonight, already changed the recent apps button to be a menu button. Er, what else are we supposed to be testing? :P

Back
Top Bottom