*** The official HTC One S thread ***

lol epic storage Kona! :D

Nice comparison pics guys! It's amazing to see all the variation from HTCs metering software/jpg engine.
They've come soooo far though and the HOS is still utterly brilliant, I certainly couldn't live without 'spray and prey' anymore. :)

7410180240_ac2155a33e_b.jpg

7410176360_8df75f98b9_b.jpg

:D

Very good photos there! :)

Should be end of July at the latest - can't wait!

@ Sarge - that pic looks unbelievably good - is the big one with HDR? any tweaking?

Nice! :cool:

We were on 10MB then got our package changed to 20MB and then upgraded to 60MB about a month or so ago but the superhub is pure xxxx! :mad:

On the wireless connected PC's we only get 29MB dll and 2.9MB upload (on a hard-wired connection, we get up to 60MB dll) yet on my mobile I get up 45MB dll and 4-5MB upload :confused: :mad:

Need to get a router sorted out and switch that superxxxx to modem only mode :p

@ Sarge - that pic looks unbelievably good - is the big one with HDR? any tweaking?

No HDR, they're all shot in burst mode (-1 sharpness, -1 saturation, 4:3 resolution) and developed with a basic Lightroom 4 preset.
I'd be lucky get one decent shot with the Arc, now I don't know what to do with them all :)

Well, I'm a total berk. My contract is up on the 7th july. Thougjt that meant I could upgrade now as its in the last month. But no, the 7th July is the *start* of my last month :(

Well, I'm a total berk. My contract is up on the 7th july. Thougjt that meant I could upgrade now as its in the last month. But no, the 7th July is the *start* of my last month :(

:(

Hopefully there will still be S4 versions around then!

EDIT:

Damn! Just remembered about taking photos of the creamy/white carpets, will definitely try to get it done tomorrow.

My HTC one S arrived this morning but it was an obvious return as the white sticker seals on the box weren't stuck down properly and also the little pin you need to open the case was missing. Rang CPWH and the kind chap said I can go instore and get it replace but they don't have any stock near me!

I'll go instore during lunch and kick up a fuss and see what happens.

**edit**
my mistake on the PIN but the phone has ~15% charge so it was definately a returns item.

CPWH also said they open up every phone for security reasons and then reseal them, are they telling fibs to cover themselves?

Last edited:
If the seal is broken, definitely return it and get a replacement.

I don't think the mobile is charged to 100% out of the box though, usually only around 30-50% charged I think.

I think they probably do open all the phones to check them out, however, should be properly resealed again after.

Last edited:
My box was fully sealed but didnt have the pin in to get the case off :p Guy had to search round the shop for one after i said no he couldn't use his keys to open it :eek:

Infact didn't get a pin with my second one either

We were on 10MB then got our package changed to 20MB and then upgraded to 60MB about a month or so ago but the superhub is pure xxxx! :mad:

On the wireless connected PC's we only get 29MB dll and 2.9MB upload (on a hard-wired connection, we get up to 60MB dll) yet on my mobile I get up 45MB dll and 4-5MB upload :confused: :mad:

Need to get a router sorted out and switch that superxxxx to modem only mode :p

I have the modem (VMNG300v2) only at the moment with two d-link 615's. I hope I can keep that modem instead if getting the superhub.

What pin is everyone talking about? - I never got one :(

I have the modem (VMNG300v2) only at the moment with two d-link 615's. I hope I can keep that modem instead if getting the superhub.

What pin is everyone talking about? - I never got one :(

Yeah, hopefully you can, as the superhub is trash for wireless :p :( (fine if you just use it in modem only mode and connect a 3rd party router though).

I will have to buy a £30 router or something by TP-link at some point.

Also would like to know what this "pin" thing is :confused: I didn't receive anything like that with my S either............ I have no clue what the other 2 are on about :p :o

Some of these One S pictures in the day cannot be right. They seem so blurry.

Think I will take some of my own.

Yeah some of them do, I think it is because they are being over saturated a lot, which takes away any of the detail.

Although it only really seemed to be kona's shots, which are over saturated really :p

Last edited:
The guy in the shop said to me there should be a little pin tool thing to help get the back casing off? Was he just talking codswallop?

Never seen any reports of people getting a pin tool to remove the back casing :confused:

Pretty sure HTC wouldn't want that either :p

@kona786

Nice pics by both there.

The GS 2 seems to be better for detail on the main flowers, more natural colours this time but a bit blurry for the background stuff i.e. soil, fence etc. where as the 1S is more saturated (as usual :p) overall and doesn't capture as much detail as the GS 2 for the main flowers but captures more detail and is sharper for the soil, fence, leaves etc.

The colour of the pink flowers look better by a good margin for the GS 2 photo, the 1S looks very weird regarding that pink :confused:

The One S pictures are a bit more 'artsy' and the S2 are more realistic.

They are both focused differently in those pictures though, the soil is not the point of focus on the S2.

Yeah my HOS really has trouble over-saturating greens and reds - and your right - the HOS is way sharper on the soil etc.

edit - I'n pretty sure I focused both cams on the flower too - damn more tests :D

Back
Top Bottom