*** The official HTC One S thread ***

In keeping with the thread....:p

kizzy.jpg

Still experimenting with the camera. I also have shaky hands which does not help. It does not seem to cope well with bright light. The sun coming through the window on the "dynamite" being a good example.

How are you guys getting round that?

Also, and this may be by design, any kind of zoom on slow mo video results in very dark poor quality recording. is this just a limitation of the tech?

Last edited:
haha nice :D

Looks a lot like Laura (my neightbour's cat).

It is the same for me as well, it seems to be when you have very bright/lit areas with brightish objects and slightly darker areas, so just try to avoid those conditions and take photos when in full bright light or a bit darker, not both, if you know what I mean :p

Hmm, don't think I have noticed this, although I very rarely use the zoom in as it is terrible (for every phone), will give it a shot sometime tomorrow and report back :)

Just bought one of these to replace my HD2. Havent told the Mrs yet.... she will be annoyed at me!! :D

I got bored of not having enough NAND space on the HD2 to run ICS properly and have lots of apps installed.... the apps2sd just never worked smoothly with it.

My diztronic case arrived yesterday. Very nice, good call guys. It is quite hard though, I can't help think that if it was a bit softer it might soften impacts a bit more! Just me?

I would be posting in this thread seen as I've had my One S for a while, but I haven't moved over to giff gaff yet so it hasn't been out to play :(

Just bought one of these to replace my HD2. Havent told the Mrs yet.... she will be annoyed at me!! :D

I got bored of not having enough NAND space on the HD2 to run ICS properly and have lots of apps installed.... the apps2sd just never worked smoothly with it.

Nice :)

How you finding the S then?

Encounter any signal issues at all?

My diztronic case arrived yesterday. Very nice, good call guys. It is quite hard though, I can't help think that if it was a bit softer it might soften impacts a bit more! Just me?

Yeah, if it was softer it would soften the impacts a bit more thus less chance of any serious damage being done. But I imagine that it should hold up reasonably well with your standard drops.

I think the black one feels better, but it has chipping problems. The grey feels fine though and doesn't have these problems.

So it's fine really. Just make sure it has the S4 processor (1.5Ghz).

I prefer the Grey - but could only get the black on my deal.

(lets hope Nexus doesn't see this ;p)

Fail!

4BlAZ.png

:p

I think the black one feels better, but it has chipping problems. The grey feels fine though and doesn't have these problems.

So it's fine really. Just make sure it has the S4 processor (1.5Ghz).

Only some black models (the new designed model seems to be chip issue free) have the chipping problem (well, the majority...... :p). Mine is still chip free along all the edges (apart from the inside of the USB port area, which isn't really a problem tbh) and the top (which is were the main chipping issue happens apparently), haven't had a case on either for the last 2 or 3 weeks either.

But yeah IMO the black feels nicer, I found the grey model to be a bit more slippy.

Either way, they are perfectly good, just comes down to which colour you prefer.

It's nearly August Nexus18

hehe I know :p, but HTC have an update done (and they have implemented the tweak to allow the menu button to be re-assigned) as well as announcing JB for the S soonish, so I am save for the time being............ :p

The new update sounds pretty damn good so far as well. Should hopefully get it within the next week.

Last edited:
On the subject of updates, there are rumours that Jelly Bean is in the final stage of testing for the S3, so it'll be interesting to see who gets it out first, Samsung or HTC.

I reckon Samsung will especially as HTC is still working on bringing ICS to some of their phones, although have Samsung even announced it officially for any of their phones yet like HTC have for the one series?

I don't think the JB update will come for at least another 3 weeks though.

TBH, Samsung should get the update out far quicker than any other brands as they only support their flagship device properly :p Unlike HTC and SE with most of their devices.

I broke the home button? Oh Mr....... I think not! I look after my stuff and especially my phones!

Honestly I've had just about enough of smart phones and am seriously tempted to get a N95 and be happy ;)

Back
Top Bottom