***The Official HTC One Thread***

I tried to get to retentions hence me asking for my Pac code but that obviously didn't work ha

I did they same thing as I read by law they will only cancel your existing contract once you 'USE' the PAC - not merely by just requesting it. (I requested a PAC and then didn't use it for 30 days until it expired - with no problems)

I'm trying the LG LED Light one from there. Trying it on full brightness to really test it out. Will edit and report soon :)

edit: The video shows the screens ability of bright colours amazingly well. Very impressive! (not sure if it works in its native format, I just put it into .wmv as I pressed the top box when i was transferring it across (wasn't really looking)). :p

Last edited:
Bit of a scam really (having to pay for service you don't use) but it's in the contract so...

I'm loving mine, watching Youtube videos is just so much better than on my S2, the camera is also very good so far although I haven't given it any more than a cursory test yet.

Battery seems very good, it's currently been on constantly since 7:45am yesterday and is on approx 16% battery. Medium use (strange considering it's a new phone but it represents a fairly usual usage pattern for me - What?! I've been busy dangit!)

I'm about to do the PAC code request dance with T-Mobile, they promised it would be easy last month, we shall soon see. Wish me luck!

Nopes all the networks operate on the same principle, as soon as yo use your PAC code and your contract's terminated (You will need to pay rest of it off or your final bill if you are out of contract already)

I didn't intend to use it, I was just bluffing my way into a new contract. He was asking me to terminate my contract then just for asking for it?

Ordered it for the wife, will finally get to try it out!! :)

HTC One (Silver) £30 (£40 quidco cashback)

500 mins
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Data

£26 per month (24 months)

I want to take this contract as my own and give her mine (300 mins/unlim text/1.5gb data) but obviously keep my number, I'm also with T-Mobile. Could I ring T-Mobile and swap the tariffs over?

My instinct is that you'll get a 'computer says no' kind of response, but might be worth trying.

Ginga

The first thing I will be doing though is checking the internet speeds. If T-Mobile is throttling it which they are known to do, I will try the handset out for a day and simply cancel the contract and send it back.

It's worth mentioning for those ordering on T-Mobile and having 'unlimited data', make sure you check your internet speeds. I'm at work atm downloading a 3mb file and it's on 84%, it's been downloading now for almost an hour! I get H+ and full bars though, I know they are deliberately capping the speed, I read a huge thread over on xda about it happening to many others, especially when ordering a T-Mobile contract via a third party site.

It's worth mentioning for those ordering on T-Mobile and having 'unlimited data', make sure you check your internet speeds. I'm at work atm downloading a 3mb file and it's on 84%, it's been downloading now for almost an hour! I get H+ and full bars though, I know they are deliberately capping the speed, I read a huge thread over on xda about it happening to many others, especially when ordering a T-Mobile contract via a third party site.

That's an awfully long time to download a 3mb file - pretty unusable really. I can understand them capping the speed to 2 Mb/s (when I say I can understand it, I mean I'd find it acceptable), but it sounds like you're getting considerably less.

Ginga

Same with Three here. On the One plan. Been capped to 0.11-0.30 Mbps at times. However goes up to 6-10 Mbps after 12am.

Same with Three here. On the One plan. Been capped to 0.11-0.30 Mbps at times. However goes up to 6-10 Mbps after 12am.

0.01 - 10 mbps here also, depends on the time of day a lot. I rang and spoke to them and complained it was unacceptably slow, they 'refreshed' it from their side and are sending me a new SIM as I'm currently using a normal sized SIM which was cut down to micro SIM size. Let's see if that makes any difference..

Is the black version actually out at the moment? Chap in 3mobile said it was delayed as the black was coming off when scratched? Sounds like rubbish to me..

Silver looks pretty nice really

I've had mine for nearly 3 weeks now, got it from P4U and I've not experienced any problems at all.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom