***The Official HTC One Thread***

Associate
I like the look of this phone and want it.

However, I think I'll wait for the 64gb version and when 4G on other networks is released for some better competition and hence deals and prices.

Soldato
Is the black version actually out at the moment? Chap in 3mobile said it was delayed as the black was coming off when scratched? Sounds like rubbish to me..

Silver looks pretty nice really

From Three's perspective, that's at least half right. Three isn't getting any black Ones until the end of the month (26th?), and they're quite thin on the ground anyway.

Soldato
From Three's perspective, that's at least half right. Three isn't getting any black Ones until the end of the month (26th?), and they're quite thin on the ground anyway.

I think I'm set on o2 now, using my iPhone 4s as a recycle cost and then go for the £27 per month offer, not sure I'm going to wait for the black but if it's there at the time I order I might opt for that

Soldato
Had my One for a couple of days now. I waited because I was going to get the S4 due to its removable battery and SD card slot but in the end stories of Samsungs woefull warranty repairs put me off so went for this instead. I have to say I'm blown away by it and any doubts i had are well and truely behind me. Battery life seem remarkably good, I used it from 6 am yesterday until 12 last night and it was still on 15%, my Sensation in contrast wasnt even getting me through 8 hours heavy use and was no where near as quick.

str

str

Soldato
A friend has the white iPhone5 and worse it's in a white clip on case. I compared it alongside my other-half's silver HTC One. To me the white iPhone was an ugly toy phone when compared to the looks of the HTC One. :D

I know the iPhone is all about the user experience so I'm not saying it's bad or anything but the white sure is ugly!

I'm not a fan of HTC but the One looks incredible and I want a phone like it especially in silver.

Obviously I've looked at pictures of the Samsung S4 but unfortunately it's the usual Samsung design. The lack of effort is... I know looks shouldn't matter that much but even with the best internals I couldn't buy a phone with that design again. :(

Are there other new or soon to be released phones with similar perceived build quality to the HTC One?

Soldato
As above. Just moved house and when I moved the tv and stuff I forgot to bring the remotes over. It was the first day I had my HTC One and remembered it had the IR blaster which saved me from having to watch Bargain Hunt etc.

Good feature, well implemented and works near flawlessly.

Associate
Best place to try the IR sensor is in a bar/pub. Tried it last night while watching the footy. My friends faces were a picture :)

Associate
Best place to try the IR sensor is in a bar/pub. Tried it last night while watching the footy. My friends faces were a picture :)

I did this exact same thing. I was like a big child, me and my mates were killing ourselves. I kept turning the volume up so I could hear an interview after the football and the barman kept turning it down. He could not understand what was happening, he must have thought he was going mad!

Associate
^Hehe

Blinkfeed: Really like it actually. I've not got it as my default home screen because info overload, but it's definitely a good Pulse/Flipboard alternative that is always just there, very slick and decent content selection. Only downside apart from more content providers (not a biggie as I've said unless you're really into the right wing press and Red Tops) is that it's vertical scrolling and there doesn't seem(?) to be a quick way to reseting the feed / jumping to top once you've reached the bottom.

Associate
^Hehe

Blinkfeed: Really like it actually. I've not got it as my default home screen because info overload, but it's definitely a good Pulse/Flipboard alternative that is always just there, very slick and decent content selection. Only downside apart from more content providers (not a biggie as I've said unless you're really into the right wing press and Red Tops) is that it's vertical scrolling and there doesn't seem(?) to be a quick way to reseting the feed / jumping to top once you've reached the bottom.

Tap the notification bar and it'll return you straight to the top ;)

Associate
Took delivey of the HTC One on Monday.. lovely bit of kit! Glad I bailed on my iphone 5 thats for sure.. just a shame its 32gb as I used nearly 40GB on the 64GB iphone 5 prior.

But how much of that 40GB did you really use and need on a regular basis?

Guess you'll have to rely on the cloud a bit more now :)

Soldato
But how much of that 40GB did you really use and need on a regular basis?

Guess you'll have to rely on the cloud a bit more now :)

I had plenty of games and music on there, thats what took up the space. Havent got the games on the One so the space isnt even at 20gb yet which is good but as soon as I get some games installed i am sure things will start to change..

Back
Top Bottom