Man of Honour
What do people think about this?

Free HTC One Black
400 minutes
Unlimited text
750mb data
£28 per month
18 month contract

Total price after 18 months is £504. That's cheaper than buying the phone and paying £10 a month on a 30 day rolling contract!!

Thoughts?

Fairly worthless data allowance though? If you hardly use data why buy a HTC One?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24151202 said:
Fairly worthless data allowance though? If you hardly use data why buy a HTC One?

I'm always connected to WiFi, either at home or at work. I've found 1Gb is enough for me when I'm out and about. Saying that the 1Gb usage was on a Blackberry. I wonder if I do get a HTC One if I will pass that 1Gb and my usage skyrockets?

Associate
What do people think about this?

Free HTC One Black
400 minutes
Unlimited text
750mb data
£28 per month
18 month contract

Total price after 18 months is £504. That's cheaper than buying the phone and paying £10 a month on a 30 day rolling contract!!

Thoughts?

That is the deal that I went for (don't forget to add cashback on top!), I was meant to receive it on Monday but the phone arrived yesterday. 750mb is fine for me - I am on wifi at home, on the tube and at work and I never once went over my previous 500mb allowance on my s3.

Mine is a FA34BW, no manufacturing defects or gaps and it really is a gorgeous handset. I do however unfortunately have a problem with the sound and will probably have to send it back, seems a few others also have exactly the same issue : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2215718

Associate
That is the deal that I went for (don't forget to add cashback on top!), I was meant to receive it on Monday but the phone arrived yesterday. 750mb is fine for me - I am on wifi at home, on the tube and at work and I never once went over my previous 500mb allowance on my s3.

Mine is a FA34BW, no manufacturing defects or gaps and it really is a gorgeous handset. I do however unfortunately have a problem with the sound and will probably have to send it back, seems a few others also have exactly the same issue : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2215718

any links to deal or which company?

Soldato
I'm always connected to WiFi, either at home or at work. I've found 1Gb is enough for me when I'm out and about. Saying that the 1Gb usage was on a Blackberry. I wonder if I do get a HTC One if I will pass that 1Gb and my usage skyrockets?

750Mb should be fine if your on Wi-Fi most of the time. I'm only use Wi-Fi at home and rarely go over 1GB. Just pre-cache YouTube videos and download apps on Wi-Fi.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'm the same - I use less than 400mb data as the phone is connected to wireless at home, wireless at work, wireless as the club, wireless at the sport center, wireless at the pub etc.

Caporegime
Disable google now if you don't need it and also go to google now/search settings and disable "web history" if not required, huge battery drain I found

Untick anything that you don't need in the accounts and settings i.e. browsing history, google play books

Don't have a stupid refresh time for weather, email etc. apps

go to maps, settings, location settings, location reporting and select "do not update your location" and disable location history (apps etc. can and will still use GPS when required)

The one screen is stupidly bright so that will suck a lot of battery life when it is on auto and using more brightness than required, ideally control it manually with a widget like power toggle or qbright app

Make sure you enable "GSM only" instead of "WCDMA/GSM auto" or/and "WCDMA only" even when connected to wifi, only ever use WCDMA when you need a fast data connection.

go to wifi settings and make sure you disable "wifi max performance" mode, don't know what it is like on the one but on my S it raped battery life for barely any noticeable improvement in wifi tasks

Doing all the above (Except brightness control) on my S gives me amazing battery life.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24151565 said:
Went in every shop in town - no black One's anywhere. CPW are still refusing to even sell the silver one SIM free :(

I went into phones 4 u in Oxford Street, they have black ones in.

The salesmen was really trying to sell me Vodafone since orange were down so couldn't call about upgrading.

I said I wanted 18 months he said there 24 month contracts they allow you to early upgrade after 18 months anyways, which is good.

Soldato
Disable google now if you don't need it and also go to google now/search settings and disable "web history" if not required, huge battery drain I found

Untick anything that you don't need in the accounts and settings i.e. browsing history, google play books

Don't have a stupid refresh time for weather, email etc. apps

go to maps, settings, location settings, location reporting and select "do not update your location" and disable location history (apps etc. can and will still use GPS when required)

The one screen is stupidly bright so that will suck a lot of battery life when it is on auto and using more brightness than required, ideally control it manually with a widget like power toggle or qbright app

Make sure you enable "GSM only" instead of "WCDMA/GSM auto" or/and "WCDMA only" even when connected to wifi, only ever use WCDMA when you need a fast data connection.

go to wifi settings and make sure you disable "wifi max performance" mode, don't know what it is like on the one but on my S it raped battery life for barely any noticeable improvement in wifi tasks

Doing all the above (Except brightness control) on my S gives me amazing battery life.

I disable sync entirely and manually refresh emails etc, whilst keeping my data connection off, only turning it on when I need it, and I get pretty great battery life.

Man of Honour
I said I wanted 18 months he said there 24 month contracts they allow you to early upgrade after 18 months anyways, which is good.

Of course he said that, all he cares about is selling you a contract. He wont even be there in 18 months time, he'll have moved on to selling used Vauxhall.

You won't be getting a good upgrade deal at month 18 of a 24 month contract, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom