***The Official HTC One Thread***

Soldato
No I don't have a source per se. I have read various posts across many forums. From the reading that I've done people who bought their phones in April haven't been complaining about quality issues compared to people who bought their phones in March.

My (as well as other people on the internet's) guess is April batches have addressed the issues?

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;24155147 said:
stoosh had a handset arrive yesterday with quality issues.

In that case then all that you can do is wait until a solid confirmation from non other than HTC is announced stating something along the lines of "from here on the quality issues are sorted".

You questioned if you should wait a month. What if it takes two months? Four months? A year? What if it never gets sorted? What if it's hit and miss?

I spoke to Orange retentions dept who said I can go in store to pick my HTC One up. I won't be signing on the dotted line until I inspect the phone. I suggest this is the only way you can be sure too (going in a store).

Caporegime
Steve Kondik (CyanogenMod guy) thoughts on the one:

https://plus.google.com/100275307499530023476/posts/eGmW8e8sCn4

Some good news for those that like to root etc.

https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/WykbCAAVcrv

Uh. So, I wasn't expecting this, but the HTCDev unlock on this device actually behaves properly, unlike its predecessors. It behaves like a Nexus device.

You can flash boot from recovery. Confirmed on Sprint and AT&T.

This is awesome. +HTC, I hope you sell a gorillian of these.

Man of Honour
I spoke to Orange retentions dept who said I can go in store to pick my HTC One up. I won't be signing on the dotted line until I inspect the phone. I suggest this is the only way you can be sure too (going in a store).

Trouble is a refusal by stores to sell SIM free handsets. The network branded stores never do, which is fine - but CPW are refusing to sell SIM free (There isn't even a price for it on the system) which only leaves Phones4U.

I hate Phones4u.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24155590 said:
Trouble is a refusal by stores to sell SIM free handsets. The network branded stores never do, which is fine - but CPW are refusing to sell SIM free (There isn't even a price for it on the system) which only leaves Phones4U.

I hate Phones4u.

Why does everyone hate phones4u so much?

Man of Honour
Why does everyone hate phones4u so much?

Have you ever been in a branch? You only need to look through the window to see the fact that more than 50% of the average store is given over to rows and rows of bizarre desks set up as if its some sort of interview. Any question you have gets you directed to a desk where the hard sell starts. Then the sales cheese - somebody will casually wander over and comment about how jealous the guy sat next to you is that you are buying Phone XYZ (even though all you did was ask to have a look at it), etc etc.

A complete contrast to the atmosphere you get at somewhere like CPW. I could put up with the cheese if the deal was right and I thought I'd get the right level of aftercare but they are so geared up for the big sell I doubt anyone wants to waste time giving attention to aftercare when they could be doing more sales cheese.

Whereas when I last bought from CPW nothing seemed to be too much trouble and handsets were swapped without question if there were any issues.

You just know that 70% of the people you see working in Phones4U will, within 2 years, be selling used cars :p

Soldato
I get that to an extent.

CPW don't have the same offer for the HTC one though with Orange, hence me leaning towards Phones4U, I upgraded with them last time went smoothly. I can muck around with them also getting extras chucked in.

Soldato
It's hit and miss when it comes to batches. My third handset was the worst of the lot and that was manufactured on the 10th April and was made in China.

A word to the wise for anyone wishing to buy the HO, if you're going to buy it from a bricks and mortar shop inspect the device before you buy it (that's if they let you). If you're going to buy it online you're going to be covered with the Distance Selling Act, however in the event that the phone has to be returned and you want a refund make sure there isn't a restocking fee that may be incurred.

I'm giving up on this phone now. My family have got tired of me whinging about its faults and to be honest I'm bored of the whole process of buying a phone then returning it cycle and then waiting for a refund.

I've emailed HTC to see what they have to say about the manufacturing defects, I'm awaiting a reply.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;24156219 said:
Retailers cannot charge a restocking fee under the DSR.

Cheers for that my bad...I should've made it clearer....after the 7 day period expires under DSR and you decide to want to return the phone for a refund for any reason.

Soldato
Nexus that list is spot on, madea big difference. I've not used my phone as much today, but today has been more like normal use, out and about taking calls and texting, sith some light other use. 11 hours off charge and its on 84% still, very very happy with that. Got juicedefender on as well, but overall i think your list made the biggest difference so thanks. :)

Soldato
It's hit and miss when it comes to batches. My third handset was the worst of the lot and that was manufactured on the 10th April and was made in China.

A word to the wise for anyone wishing to buy the HO, if you're going to buy it from a bricks and mortar shop inspect the device before you buy it (that's if they let you). If you're going to buy it online you're going to be covered with the Distance Selling Act, however in the event that the phone has to be returned and you want a refund make sure there isn't a restocking fee that may be incurred.

I'm giving up on this phone now. My family have got tired of me whinging about its faults and to be honest I'm bored of the whole process of buying a phone then returning it cycle and then waiting for a refund.

I've emailed HTC to see what they have to say about the manufacturing defects, I'm awaiting a reply.

Have you any pics of the faults, just out of interest really

Soldato
Have you any pics of the faults, just out of interest really

Just the one picture and that was on post #2571 (shows gap and if you look closely the screen being higher starting top left and the leveling out by the time it reaches the right hand side of the top speaker)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24113376&postcount=2571

I haven't been bothered to document the faults with pictures because the phones have gone straight back to the retailer after discovering the faults.

Back
Top Bottom