***The Official HTC One Thread***

That's certainly quite a common request, have you seen the HTC M4 - should be good for the mid-size folks?

Yep, read a little but no firm specs yet? Could be interesting.

@Richy888

Yeah the one does "look" big, largely due to the bezel size and front speakers (HTC could have done so much better with reducing the size of the speaker covers etc.) where as the GS 4 despite having a bigger screen looked quite small imo (loved the very thin bezel of it :cool:). The Sony xperia Z looks huge in comparison! But personally I found the one and GS 4 to fit the hand nicely (not as easy to use with one hand compared to smaller devices like the S and razr i) where as the xperia Z is just horrible/uncomfortable to use/hold due to the rectangle slab design :(

I think motorola will have quite a good mid size phone, they generally make good devices all round, with Samsung you are limited to their galaxy S4 mini and ACE 3 which aren't top end phones and the GS 4 mini will cost a fair bit too and not to mention support etc. isn't as good for them. I think HTC will "win" again this year when it comes to mid range/sized device i.e. the mini one/m4, all comes down to price and display panel though!

Had a few episodes with the razr i. Battery discharges quickly and will be down to 20% by mid afternoon which is not the norm. Plug it into vehicle charger and it won't charge. Reboot the phone and charges fine and battery discharge settles down again. Done it today and done it a few times now. Dunno why and nothing shows in the stats to show why the battery discharges so quickly.

Now looking at the HTC One and thinking if HTC could come up with a mini One and some decent specs for it (M4) I could be tempted but not if mobile radio isn't up to snuff and not if they cripple it with 16gb and no SD slot which HTC will probably do :mad: 32gigs should be the minimum .... by law :p

I liked the HTC One a lot. Only had a little look mind. Big screen is nice and very tempting BUT know day to day use Razr i/HTC One S size is way more practical for me. Sony Xperia Z is a fair old slab :rolleyes:

Hmm strange that! Sounds faulty to me.

You should be getting good battery life with the i, better than most phones. Tried a factory reset? Tried better battery stats?

I think it has been confirmed or perhaps it was just an "inside source" about some specs:

4.3" screen with 720P res. no mention of panel (guessing it will be SLCD 2, the one x display)
16GB internal storage and no sd slot
front stereo speakers
ultrapixel camera
2GB RAM
dual core processor (no specifics, guessing it will be S4 based again though)
1700mAh battery

Pretty much what I am expecting too. The deal breakers for me will come down to the screen panel and/or price. Needs to have the newer more power efficient SAMOLED or SLCD 3 panel in order for me to consider as well as being priced below £330

The storage is a little worrying purely because of zoe, it can take a fair chunk up.

Just got a replacement HTC one and this one miles better than my original handset. The edges are totally flush and the screen has much better colours.

Put ultimate shield protector on and noticed it stops capactive buttons from working.

Last edited:
Hmm strange that! Sounds faulty to me.

You should be getting good battery life with the i, better than most phones. Tried a factory reset? Tried better battery stats?

Been doing it a while. First noticed when it failed to charge overnight on its charge dock. Battery runs down fast and doesn't charge when plugged in. Reboot sorts it. It only started after the jellybean upgrade. Factory reset is on the cards :eek: Hasn't done it for a while then done so twice this week. Otherwise battery last a day and then some no problem.

I think it has been confirmed or perhaps it was just an "inside source" about some specs:

4.3" screen with 720P res. no mention of panel (guessing it will be SLCD 2, the one x display)
16GB internal storage and no sd slot
front stereo speakers
ultrapixel camera
2GB RAM
dual core processor (no specifics, guessing it will be S4 based again though)
1700mAh battery

Pretty much what I am expecting too. The deal breakers for me will come down to the screen panel and/or price. Needs to have the newer more power efficient SAMOLED or SLCD 3 panel in order for me to consider as well as being priced below £330

The storage is a little worrying purely because of zoe, it can take a fair chunk up.

Zoe can get her own phone :p

I use Sygic satnav and have a reasonable amount of music on my phone which straight away eats a fair chunk out of 16gb. 16gb storage only is hardly enough and might put me off. Razr i only has 8gb but I have a 16gb micro SD card in. Just checked storage use on the razr and could live with 16gb. Not used as much storage as I thought.

I did like the HTC One. Very slick - maybe a little too slick? Could see it slipping from grasp :eek: Could I live with the size :confused: Since I got the Razr i it's the first phone I've fancied. Back to reality, it's expensive currently and I can wait to see what Motorola come out with along with HTC's M4.

I read a factory reset helped with the slightly worse battery use after the jellybean upgrade and might clear my occasional charging fault. Not my fave pastime resetting my phone but maybe give it a go this evening.

Been doing it a while. First noticed when it failed to charge overnight on its charge dock. Battery runs down fast and doesn't charge when plugged in. Reboot sorts it. It only started after the jellybean upgrade. Factory reset is on the cards :eek: Hasn't done it for a while then done so twice this week. Otherwise battery last a day and then some no problem.

I read a factory reset helped with the slightly worse battery use after the jellybean upgrade and might clear my occasional charging fault. Not my fave pastime resetting my phone but maybe give it a go this evening.

Definitely get a reset done then! :p

I always do a reset after a pretty big upgrade as generally that is when/how people encounter problems like that. I did one recently with my S and battery life has been much better since.

Tell me about it!

However, there is now an app that backup apps and data without the need for root so if you wanted it would make the process a little easier/quicker :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5rb3VzaGlrZHV0dGEuYmFja3VwIl0.

However, bare in mind that whatever is causing the problem i.e. could be an app and a certain setting will also be restored.

That is why I always start fresh! :p :o

Zoe can get her own phone :p

I use Sygic satnav and have a reasonable amount of music on my phone which straight away eats a fair chunk out of 16gb. 16gb storage only is hardly enough and might put me off. Razr i only has 8gb but I have a 16gb micro SD card in. Just checked storage use on the razr and could live with 16gb. Not used as much storage as I thought.

I did like the HTC One. Very slick - maybe a little too slick? Could see it slipping from grasp :eek: Could I live with the size :confused: Since I got the Razr i it's the first phone I've fancied. Back to reality, it's expensive currently and I can wait to see what Motorola come out with along with HTC's M4.

hehe :D It is a terrible name for a camera feature :o

Exactly, previously I always thought that I would need loads of storage but really I didn't as when I looked at my SD card etc. it was only ever a few GB used and not once have I thought "damn I wish I had more storage" with my S. Plus since sense v5 looks lighter, less bloated, we should get a wee bit more free space.

Motorola better release some info. or a teaser soon as currently I am not really that excited/interested in them, it just feels like they are lagging behind as usual. With google being involved, they have the potential to deliver some really epic handsets though....

Can't believe it. I wait 3 weeks for my second repair to come back and they sent me the wrong phone. :mad:

Wrong model or a different Ho? What a nightmare you've had, early adopting eh, who'd do it, I'm gonna start regarding the first 2/3 months of a phones release as beta and not bother buying, none of the co's can get building or sw right at release, berks.

Might be an idea to take your case to HTC via Twitter, it seems to get good results pos because it's public.

Last edited:
Can I ask what the general consensus is on the HTC One??

My wife currently has the HTC Sensation after a nightmare of a time with a Desire S and she's coming up for the renewal of her contract!

The Sensation has been OK but it feels really slow after several months of use and every now and again it falls over and resets itself!

How does the One stand up to the main Samsung/Sony alternatives??

Wrong model or a different Ho? What a nightmare you've had, early adopting eh, who'd do it, I'm gonna start regarding the first 2/3 months of a phones release as beta and not bother buying, none of the co's can get building or saw right at release, berks.

It's a HTC One but it's someone else's. The serial and ticket numbers match up. All the documents provided were in the different persons name aswell. The one I recieved is also in a horrible condition surprised is even passed QC. I'm amazed at how incompetent the repair centre is. :o

Can you guys tell me, are your HTC One's as bad as focusing as mine? I think it's faulty. :(

It most likely is a known fault. The HTC One they sent me (that belonged to someone else) had a 'faulty camera focus' according to the repair sheet. Repair details say:
'Replacement Case
Replacement Camera'

Last edited:
It's a HTC One but it's someone else's. The serial and ticket numbers match up. All the documents provided were in the different persons name aswell. The one I recieved is also in a horrible condition surprised is even passed QC. I'm amazed at how incompetent the repair centre is. :o

Yup, take photo's and get on Twitter bypass the repair ctr see what HTC do after you've mailed your case to them, I'd be going mental in your position, not good calmness is your best policy.

Yup, take photo's and get on Twitter bypass the repair ctr see what HTC do after you've mailed your case to them, I'd be going mental in your position, not good calmness is your best policy.

I kept getting ignored by customer service so I emailed the CEO and EMEA VP on Monday and got a call from a guy from Head Office the next day. He said my case had been escalated.

Normally I would have just got a refund by now but I don't see any other phones atm that I like and there's no way I'm going back to my iPhone 4.

It's so weird. The person who's phone this replacement belongs to also received a replacement handset.

At the moment we both have a handset each and both our serial numbers and IMEI numbers are identical. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom