***The Official HTC One Thread***

My top speaker has blown.

Phoned phones4u today and they said they will replace it when I have factory reset the phone and the problem is still there.

Been backing up my stuff most of the day and TBH its been a total nightmare

It most likely is a known fault. The HTC One they sent me (that belonged to someone else) had a 'faulty camera focus' according to the repair sheet. Repair details say:
'Replacement Case
Replacement Camera'

Ahh thanks. I have seen a few others with similar problem, so I guess it is a known issue... well, known to users.

Any tips on getting it returned? Twitter HTC has told me to call 0845-890-0079.

Ahh thanks. I have seen a few others with similar problem, so I guess it is a known issue... well, known to users.

Any tips on getting it returned? Twitter HTC has told me to call 0845-890-0079.

My first one developed this "fault" in the first couple of weeks, took it back to CPW and I got a new replacement within 4 days. :) It has been perfect ever since.

Mine is from a chap on Gumtree. I have his upgrade paperwork from O2 and in fact O2 said just take it back to them, even when I said 'okay, you understand it wasn't my upgrade'.

I guess I'll try that then, just take it back to them. I have my S4 to use anyway.

Just picked mine up today and liking it so far.

The only thing that is annoying is that many apps still have the 3 dots and there is no option to remove them.

Also I wish there was an option to disable the back light for the soft keys. I do a lot of epub reading at night and the backlit is so bright its distracting. I disabled it on my One X using an app but it requires root access.

Is there an easy root for this phone and and if so can some one link me to it? I've had a browse around but wondered what the general consensus is here.

Cheers :)

Supposedly they will be doing something about the menu/3 dot thing with the next update i.e. 4.2.2 and sense V5 and that should be arriving in the next month or so.

I read earlier about the next fw, it seems the general idea that Three are more interested in that (so we may not end up with the 1.29 any time soon...), but if thats not the case, god knows when we'll see it.

Back
Top Bottom