***The Official HTC One Thread***

Does anyone elses camera lense click a bit when focusing sometimes?

Seems like it could be normal from looking at this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1636271

I have this on my one S and I have also noticed it on other phones, personally I wouldn't worry about it too much as it seems to be normal when focusing.

I wouldn't be surprised if HTC do something like that after what google/Samsung have done :) Betting on an AOSP release like what Sony do with some of their phones/tablets.

Shame you lose all the unique/good stuff about sense though :( Perfect combination is just to keep the sense features/apps, however, bring the holo colour scheme! :cool:

EDIT:

Update: @LlabTooFeR says he knows about the HTC One without Sense “for a fact”.

Seems legit!

Does anyone know of a way to get text messages to show up on screen like on the HTC Sensation, example if i was busy and looked at my phone a text would display on the whole screen

On this HTC One,it just shows it at the bottom, and if linked to FB it doesn't show their profile pic, is this possible to do?

FFS, Vodafone sent out my miniSIM card on Wednesday 1st class post, its now Saturday and it still hasn't come!! :mad:

I feel your pain mate. Chitter Chatter have promised me twice the card would turn up on a certain day and of course it didn't.

So 1 week plus without being able to use the phone.

I have threatened to cancel my account and return the phone and probably will do so if the sim does not arrive on Monday.

And I had to supply a copy of my passport and bank statements just to get the contract and was waiting 2 weeks just to get the phone.

Am royally cheesed off with this so-called customer service. Someone is going to get an earful from me on Monday - if they pick up their customer service line that is!

Anyone know if the sim is sent from the service provider (ie TMobile) not the retailer and whether I should call them instead?

What do mean by "bad as focusing". Is it simply not focusing.

Did you watch the video? Surely you can see what it's doing (or not doing)

The most obvious problem is, in a very dark room, you usually tap to focus and the light will come on. Mine doesn't, it tries to focus in the dark which it can't do and then just takes a blurry photo.

I feel your pain mate. Chitter Chatter have promised me twice the card would turn up on a certain day and of course it didn't.

So 1 week plus without being able to use the phone.

I have threatened to cancel my account and return the phone and probably will do so if the sim does not arrive on Monday.

And I had to supply a copy of my passport and bank statements just to get the contract and was waiting 2 weeks just to get the phone.

Am royally cheesed off with this so-called customer service. Someone is going to get an earful from me on Monday - if they pick up their customer service line that is!

Anyone know if the sim is sent from the service provider (ie TMobile) not the retailer and whether I should call them instead?

Just cancel with them, that is bd customer service and if it happens again in future youll be even more sorry.

Have to admit...reading the comments on here and seeing some of the shots of the phones...you guys are really making it difficult to resist heading out and picking this phone up and ditching my Lumia 920 :p

Did you watch the video? Surely you can see what it's doing (or not doing)

The most obvious problem is, in a very dark room, you usually tap to focus and the light will come on. Mine doesn't, it tries to focus in the dark which it can't do and then just takes a blurry photo.

Sorry i had not realised the video you posted was related :p

I just did a quick try with mine and it didnt seem to have trouble focusing for a video. It looks quite bad at the start of your video, doesnt look like it focuses much on the outside at all?

I don't know about the dark room thing though. By saying the light coming on when you tap to focus, do you mean the flash?

As this is not a 'native' Android device, do the firmware updates come from HTC themselves, from the service operator (such as Vodafone, O2 etc.) or is there a 'pure' version available directly from Google, via XDA Developers or somewhere similar?

Sorry if it's a silly question, but there seem to be more than a few options for this sort of thing!

As this is not a 'native' Android device, do the firmware updates come from HTC themselves, from the service operator (such as Vodafone, O2 etc.) or is there a 'pure' version available directly from Google, via XDA Developers or somewhere similar?

Sorry if it's a silly question, but there seem to be more than a few options for this sort of thing!

If it's carrier branded, then it'll need to be approved be done via the carrier, if it's generic/unbranded then you should get it as soon as HTC make it available.

For unbranded handsets you can usually install the firmware via a PC as soon as it's available online, without the need to root etc as HTC usually publish the executable update files.

Hi all

I was just about to buy a HTC one and I'm just wondering if the UK model has both 4G (LTE) and 3G built into the same handset.:confused:
I can seem to find a Sim free 3G handset only.

Yes of course otherwise it would be irrelevant to 90% of the UK market and only EE would be selling it :p

Back
Top Bottom