***The Official HTC One Thread***

How dark are we talking about here? I presume very dark? :p

Whilst the one is good and does a better job than other phones in those conditions, the results it produces in dark conditions aren't always of "good quality", if there is virtually no light then the image will still come out black/dark regardless of having big pixels.

Well it was outside and there were street lights although the fox wasn't under one.

I could see it perfectly fine from about 2 metres away but it was quite dark.

In night mode I couldn't use the flash either but I assume this is normal.

They charged me a fiver for delivery and quoted 15-22 days delivery.This was bought from the rainforest to but sent out by poetic.
Camera recessed sounds spot on. The cases bought after the 14th have the fixed IR blaster issue. Maybe this is why its going to take ages to come.

Pics would be great thanks :-)

Poetic have been known to send out new cases to folk that ask when they do an update like the ir cover, for free and let you keep the old, I've had good coms with them they are reasonable so give it a polite go Intratech.:cool:

Edit to add I used the Amazon contact seller facility, I see someone else mentioned the same, great case imo

Last edited:
Can people perhaps do a quick test tonight?

At night, dark room (very dark) open camera app.

Tap on screen to focus, does the light/flash come on?

Quite a few people on XDA said it does. Someone else on here said they've had 3 or 4 One's and none of them have.

Myself, I can't imagine why the light (flash) wouldn't come on. How is it to focus if it can't see anything?

Do you think it could be a faulty camera or just the old firmware mixed with me not really knowing what I'm doing?

Impossible to say since I have no idea what exactly the lighting conditions etc. were like :p

Could always try and get a replacement from where you bought it and see how it turns out.

There is a decent chance that the quality could improve with the newer firmware.....

I don't think it would have been down to user error unless you focused on the light source(s)....

Here is a night/normal/HDR shot comparison for pretty dark conditions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=41670173&postcount=6061

HTC One makes history on Mount Everest

This guy has taken some amazing photos with the one (he has edited some in snapseed or instagram etc.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40392289@N07/

Loads more photos here too! Some are amazing!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/htc-one/pool/

Last edited:
Can people perhaps do a quick test tonight?

At night, dark room (very dark) open camera app.

Tap on screen to focus, does the light/flash come on?

Quite a few people on XDA said it does. Someone else on here said they've had 3 or 4 One's and none of them have.

Myself, I can't imagine why the light (flash) wouldn't come on. How is it to focus if it can't see anything?

I just tried it out on my one S in a pitch black room and the camera focuses first without the flash/LED and then takes the shot whilst flashing at the same time (this is with the touch to capture setting enabled and disabled)

Saying that, the images come out very nicely for me, not blurry.

So it sounds like that is just how it works on HTC phone perhaps?

I agree though, it doesn't make sense why they do it that way as opposed to what you said :/

Last edited:
Poetic have been known to send out new cases to folk that ask when they do an update like the ir cover, for free and let you keep the old, I've had good coms with them they are reasonable so give it a polite go Intratech.:cool:

Edit to add I used the Amazon contact seller facility, I see someone else mentioned the same, great case imo

Thanks. I've sent them an inquiring email asking if it can be exchanged for the new one. :)

Apologies if this has already been asked but: Does anyone know how to export the photos/Zoe's/Videos etc. in the form of events?

To fully explain, the Gallery app automatically groups said media into 'events' based on data/location/user defined - this is how it draws together the cool highlight videos.

I've recently been on holiday and have ordered all the days into events and want to know how to get them off the phone onto my PC while keeping the 'event' structure (and if possible also keeping the Zoe's as little videos and each event's highlight vid).

Is this possible and if so how?

I'll be amazed and saddened if HTC didn't think people would be keen on doing this easily and haven't implemented a solution at all! The way the gallery app organises itself is killer so to not be able to 'back-it-up' would be a massive bummer.

Anyone :confused:

Thanks.

Just got my Case Mate Barely There case in today...actually really impressed with it...nice grip, feels solid and doesn't add much to the phone which is nice.

Got a Speck Transparent case coming too to try that out too.

Didn't wanna hide parts of it away in a case but probably for the best to keep it in tip top shape.

@Tazzfalcon

Not too sure but I have seen zoe highlights on youtube.......

When you hold down on the zoe tile/thumbnail, the menu comes up, choose "share", perhaps some option there??

Or maybe there is a way using HTC's file sync manager???

Impossible to say since I have no idea what exactly the lighting conditions etc. were like :p

Could always try and get a replacement from where you bought it and see how it turns out.

There is a decent chance that the quality could improve with the newer firmware.....

I don't think it would have been down to user error unless you focused on the light source(s)....

Here is a night/normal/HDR shot comparison for pretty dark conditions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=41670173&postcount=6061

HTC One makes history on Mount Everest

This guy has taken some amazing photos with the one (he has edited some in snapseed or instagram etc.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40392289@N07/

Loads more photos here too! Some are amazing!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/htc-one/pool/

Have they really been taking with the HTC one or with serious editing?!

Zoes now even more fun with Google+ Auto Awesome motion

A good video demonstrating zoe:

Have they really been taking with the HTC one or with serious editing?!

Don't know about the HTC one group photos but the photos by blue1k have been edited through snapseed (he manually adjusts the stuff for portrait shots of his baby, not sure about the other photos)

I wouldn't be surprised if 70% of them had been edited to some extent :p However, the macro shots could have just been uploaded with out any editing as that is one area where the one is exceptionally good, just collects a huge amount of detail whilst having a very "natural" look to it.

Even if they were edited, it goes to show that the one camera is capable of "capturing" good quality photos in the first place ;)

Taken from a professional photographer:

http://www.bryanv.com/updatesnews/2013/4/22/the-htc-one-camera-review

Before I continue, let me state that all the pictures here were tweaked a little with Snapseed, to increase / decrease contrast and brightness as well as bringing up the mid-tones in some of the pictures.

However, before the hue and cry about "manipulated" images is raised, it is important to note that tweaking an image can only go as far as the quality of the original image file allows, and the fact that you can pull up detail in the mid-tones speaks wonders for the original image file.

So Poetic have replied & they say that they are automatically going to send out updated versions of their case to all customers who bought the version with the IR Blaster issue without us needing to contact them once the stocks are available.

That's quality customer service from them.

right this is annoying me.
How do i add app shortcuts to the dock at the bottom?
I can drag them from the grid listing of all installed apps but that removes from from the grid listing. Or is there a way I can add shortcuts back to the grid listing for apps I've removed the shortcut for?
I can create shortcuts onto the panels but i can't seem to then drag them to the dock.

hope that makes sense...
I'm using standard HTC UI.

You have to do it from the panel with all your apps in. Not the home one. Sorry new to android so not sure on names :/. Press your middle menu button on the dock and it shows you all the apps you have, then drag and drop them onto the dock. :) hope that helps

Edit:

Ah sorry I get what you mean, it would seem you can't add shortcuts to the dock but then there seems to be no reason too as if it's on the dock it's always there for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom