***The Official HTC One Thread***

@jrodga2k5

Good photos and a nice dog :), first one is a bit washed out for my liking though :p

lXFjN72.jpg

@Intratech

Nice macro shots there, have you reduced the sharpness to -1? If not, do that as on 1.28, it is too sharp (although if you're using macro preset, unfortunately you can't change the stuff :(). Unfortunately HTC phones still can't seem to cope with red in very bright sun light though :(

Quick edits done to them:

eibPDBQ.jpg

GgYLFdF.jpg

a5tuwgY.jpg

Last edited:
No problem :)

When the sharpening is too aggressive, it can also give that appearance of "noise"

8616330338_a0dd305af0_b.jpg

8616330318_259c5abaea_b.jpg

@jrodga2k5

Good photos and a nice dog :), first one is a bit washed out for my liking though :p

lXFjN72.jpg

Cheers Nexus...didn't mess about with any of the settings or try touching up the photos with some post processing. Sharpness was also on default so I'll be sure to give -1 a try like you've suggested to intratech.

Interesting issue with my HTC One (or my smart watch). Got a Sony MN2 recently and every time I switch on the wifi it keeps dropping the bluetooth connection. The watch is fine on 3G or with wifi off.

Is there any known bluetooth issues with the current firmware? Still on 1.28...

Interesting issue with my HTC One (or my smart watch). Got a Sony MN2 recently and every time I switch on the wifi it keeps dropping the bluetooth connection. The watch is fine on 3G or with wifi off.

Is there any known bluetooth issues with the current firmware? Still on 1.28...

There is indeed. It is fixed in the 1.29 update.

Always used poweramp as a music player on my Samsung phones. Is there a noticeable difference in audio quality or anything than using Poweramp over the default music player on the One?

@Nexus Ooohhh! That's tempting and that means it's available from tomorrow :cool:

Still due the reasons that you stated earlier elsewhere on this forum which I'm inclined to agree (degree of support etc) I'm going to pass plus my bank account can't take the strain anymore! :p

Besides apparently there's the successor to the Oppo Find 5 which will be announced in September with a Snapdragon 800!

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Snapdragon-800-and-8MP-front-facing-cam-penciled-for-next-Oppo-Find-smartphone_id42870

The support is actually pretty damn good, supposedly they have been pumping the updates out non stop, better than Sony :p

Plus they seem to be very friendly/good to the developing community.

MKBHD did a video on there newest version "firefly" and seemed to like it a lot.

Starting price at £341 (free shipping) makes it even more tempting as the phone is more or less in the same league as the GS 4 and one :D

Yeah I seen that, it should be pretty damn good! :cool:

The support is actually pretty damn good, supposedly they have been pumping the updates out non stop, better than Sony :p

Plus they seem to be very friendly/good to the developing community.

MKBHD did a video on there newest version "firefly" and seemed to like it a lot.

Starting price at £341 (free shipping) makes it even more tempting as the phone is more or less in the same league as the GS 4 and one :D

Yeah I seen that, it should be pretty damn good! :cool:

Having a quick browse through the Oppo 5 forum over at XDA, you're right the updates just keep on coming which is great but the flip side of constant updates could be that Oppo 5 owners are seen as beta testers?

I like a company who support the developing community, that's a nice bonus in my books. :)

Must head over to the tube and check out the latest MKBHD review, thanks for the heads up Mate :)

So is £341 for the 16GB version?, still it's way cheaper than the HO and S4 and for the tech savvy who want a feature packed phone at a very reasonable price, this is the phone to go for without a shadow of a doubt!

Am looking forward to the successor of the Oppo Find 5, let's hope that it doesn't take 6 months to make it over to Europe :eek:

True, probably are, either way, it is better than zero/slow support *cough* Sony *cough* :p

Here you go:

No idea for what size, probably though. Yup, same camera hardware as the GS 4 and XZ (but let down by software :(), same screen panel as the HTC one, superb loudspeaker (far better than the XZ), solid build and perceived quality (possibly even better than the one! :eek:), nice design, decent battery life iirc all for around £350-400... what more could you ask for!

Unfortunately it probably will, all depends on how well the oppo 5 will do In Europe!

Last edited:
Oh dear! :(

Dropped from waist height, scooted face down on garage floor, picked it up looked fine wiped on t-shirt and put on kitchen side, 10 mins later went back and it was shattered??

Not sure what went on between that time

2z6rngn.jpg

Got insurance cover

Oh dear! :(

Dropped from waist height, scooted face down on garage floor, picked it up looked fine wiped on t-shirt and put on kitchen side, 10 mins later went back and it was shattered??

Not sure what went on between that time

2z6rngn.jpg

Got insurance cover

That is a complete joke. These new phones come out and it would seem none of the manufacturers spend anytime actually testing the durability of the device with drops. The case in this case (pun) did little to protect the screen. I'm getting fed up of reading stories of the whole screen not being able to take the impact of a small drop. Last generation only apple managed to improve durability in the drop test with a metal back and possibly stronger screen. The generation before the galaxy s2 was far more robust and drop proof compared to current generation.

Sorry for the rant but these are expensive phones! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom