***The Official HTC One Thread***

Nice mrk ;)

Got to say that the latest info is definitely very promising - would be tempted to get this on Three if their 4G plans aren't going to be more expensive than the regular top tier ones ... EE are a rip off at the moment!

Hurry up March 8th release date!

Sounds good, a 4.7" screen is probably for the best.

I wonder how many of the Galaxy Note crowd will now change their tune. :p

Oh nothing will beat the screen size vs quality of the note 2 for usability but the m7 is looking good and it all goes down to the camera, screen and weather protection for me. The size will be a downstep but oh well.

Yeah I would prefer 4.7" personally, 4.3" is the perfect size for one handed use but is too small these days for my main usage (browsing, photos/videos and some games). Saying that the the DNA is only a mm wider than the one X iirc, so the M7 probably wouldn't have been much wider either, just a lot taller, which could look a bit daft......

Can't wait to see what the camera is capable of as the one series phones are superb in that department already (way better than their previous htc phones) and they seem to have really concentrated on that area once again :cool: Hopefully the camera will perform much better in low lit conditions, as good as the 920 if not better! And hopefully, we will get 720P HD slow motion recording this time :D :p

Last edited:
Yeah I would prefer 4.7" personally, 4.3" is the perfect size for one handed use but is too small these days for my main usage (browsing, photos/videos and some games). Saying that the the DNA is only a mm wider than the one X iirc, so the M7 probably wouldn't have been much wider either, just a lot taller, which could look a bit daft......

Can't wait to see what the camera is capable of as the one series phones are superb in that department already (way better than their previous htc phones) and they seem to have really concentrated on that area once again :cool: Hopefully the camera will perform much better in low lit conditions, as good as the 920 if not better! And hopefully, we will get 720P HD slow motion recording this time :D :p

It's funny how our habits have changed in terms of screen size. Before the Note came out would we have entertained carrying a phone that is 5"+ in size?
The line is getting blurry between tablets and phones...We were all happy with 4.3" phones and 4.7" is a sweet spot in terms of size.

The One series phones camera wise were superb, HTC got it spot on there and I'm sure that they will continue their good work with regards with M7.

This is one phone that I am looking forward to :D

Am I the only one who thinks that image at GSMArena is fake? I mean it has Sense 4 on it, and it looks nothing like the recent leaks we have seen so far.

I agree. I don't think the One series phones have been that good/successful, and while M7 probably isn't the way forward, something different would have been good.

It doesn't really matter what htc or any other android brand do with regards to names now, Samsung are the dominant android brand and even if the HTC "one" was a better phone by quite a bit compared to the GS 4, the GS 4 will still be far more popular and sell way more, heck I bet even the GS 3 will still be selling a lot more than the "one" :o :p As I said in the one s thread:

- Samsung's marketing/ads are very much like apple now, they build the hype up perfectly, have their own show for the phone, don't concentrate on talking about the hardware side of things too much (since the majority of average joes won't have a clue about this or/and don't even care about it), more the software side (just like apple)
- everywhere I go, all I see are galaxy note/GS 3 ads and iphone ads, even on TV there are far more ads for them than the HTC phones
- walk into any phone shop and the galaxy and note phones have their wee own stand (some even have a big TV purely to show the phone of.......)just like the iphones, where as all the other phones by htc, sony etc. are bunched together
- all the news sites no longer do their typical android VS iphone articles etc. it is mostly GS 3 VS iphone as if to say that the GS 3 is the only android phone....
- the court cases throughout the last year or 2 between apple and Samsung only benefited Samsung a lot in the end
- Samsung don't release updated models or good mid range and low range phones and they most certainly don't market/advertise them as much as the flagship
- nowhere as much brand awareness/presence as Samsung

If htc and sony etc. are to stand a chance, they have to do what Samsung have done and copy apple's style of marketing etc., either that or they sell their phones for a very cheap price :p Would still be making a profit if they were to sell them for £300-350

It is a shame as for the first time in a long time, HTC and Motorola have had excellent phones that were just as good if not better than the GS 3 overall imo.

Last edited:
That's all very true. It was inevitable really as Samsung are absolutely huge and comparatively, HTC aren't.

It doesn't matter how good a phone is, it will fail without exceptionally good marketing (such is the phone market these days).

If Samsung tidy up a few things about the GS4 though, such as having a design that (almost) everyone likes, it would be great. The GS3 seems to divide opinion far more than that. People seem to think it looks okay by itself but fairly naff next to the iPhone or for example, the One X.

If Samsung tidy up a few things about the GS4 though, such as having a design that (almost) everyone likes, it would be great. The GS3 seems to divide opinion far more than that. People seem to think it looks okay by itself but fairly naff next to the iPhone or for example, the One X.

That is the main thing that I want them to change as you are well aware :p If they keep the design the same/similar then it will be an instant no again :( Was also the main reason why many others didn't get it.

As well as a complete overhaul of touchwiz in terms of the colour scheme and their apps, not too important though since their phones are incredibly easy to flash custom roms etc. on.

Back
Top Bottom