**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Soldato
OP
few things

ive read the UK handsets are single sim with no MicroSD slot, true?

also does anyone know if this will support EE wifi calling and EE VoLTE?

Not sure on the SD situation but as EE are offering it I imagine it should have support... Will confirm next week ')

Associate
few things

carphone warehouse site says that the single sim ones they are selling take up to 256gb micro sd. I also saw something from o2 saying that they take micro sd so guess these are single sim too. EE site says External memory (Up to) 256.0 GB External memory type MicroSD. Three site implies it's dual sim and micro sd I think they might have it wrong.

Soldato
Battery size doesn't matter if the software optimisation is poor :/

Previous Huawei models including Mate 10 Pro have done very well on the battery front.

On the other hand I've been victim to these "well optimised" flagship phone batteries for last few years now. Especially once the capacity starts to drop after a year or so, my Samsung S7 Edge is very disappointing these days when it comes to battery life.

Soldato
Previous Huawei models including Mate 10 Pro have done very well on the battery front.

On the other hand I've been victim to these "well optimised" flagship phone batteries for last few years now. Especially once the capacity starts to drop after a year or so, my Samsung S7 Edge is very disappointing these days when it comes to battery life.

They're good until the software becomes bogged down and then battery life goes downhill - not to mention speed etc

Just reset my gf's Honor 9 and it was fine for the first few days, but battery life and speed has plummeted again :/

I just don't think I could own a phone again that isn't running stock android.

Soldato
Well the nexus 6P was Huawei made and they had awful battery issues. Only just got mine replaced last month by them and it's already weakening again. Do I trust Huawei battery stats? No but then everyone else is the same too.

It's a good price phone if you sold the headphones though. I am tempted to change my 6P now.

Soldato
few things

Yes it's true. I reached out to Huawei UK and they said the UK devices do not have a SD card. Dual SIM won't be released just yet..just 128GB and single SIM configuration for the time being.

SSMEabKl.jpg.png

SSMEabK.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That's just killed it for me. I really want a dual sim phone. I have to carry around an iPhone 6S and a Nexus 6P and when I am on call a iPhone 5C. I need to reduce my phone outlay by at least 1 at times haha.

EE just said the SD card is up to 256gb but no dual sim. Not sure who to believe Huawei or EE haha

Soldato
That's just killed it for me. I really want a dual sim phone. I have to carry around an iPhone 6S and a Nexus 6P and when I am on call a iPhone 5C. I need to reduce my phone outlay by at least 1 at times haha.

EE just said the SD card is up to 256gb but no dual sim. Not sure who to believe Huawei or EE haha

Same I'm not too fused about the SD card but really wanted a dual sim phone.

GSMarena, Phonearena, CPW and Clove are all stating that the phone has a SD card slot whilst various YouTubers are saying it doesn't. I don't know who to believe either.

EDIT

Just had a look on the Huawei website and you can buy the dual sim versions from O2 and 3 in Black. If you want the Blue dual sim you can buy it from 3.

The twilight version only comes in dual sim and isn't available to buy at this moment in time.

Also specs on the Huawei website don't mention anything about the SD card slot.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same with 3. The headphones that are being offered are really good.

Not looking to get a contract just want a Sim free device. Might look at importing one of these my usual source if the price isn't too high. The international versions of Huawei phones always come with dual sim capability.

Soldato
Mine is stock,I don't ever play about with phones as they are just phones,this one works quite well and coming from a oukitel K6000 with an amazing battery I like this one a lot apart from the battery.
That is stock. Huawei continue to support the P9 and have recently sent an OTA update to Android 7.

Back
Top Bottom