**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Soldato
What do you guys think of EMUI generally? I know they're not equals, but as per my other thread I'm weighing up between the OP6 and the P20 Lite. I've had my OPO since launch and it's only just now starting to fail on me (battery, mainly). The only thing stopping me buying the OP6 straight away is the size. And the only thing stopping me buying the P20 Lite is the unknown of EMUI and their bloatware :( I really rate Oxygen/Cyanogen on the Oneplus phones -- it's basically perfect. But I also really want a smaller/lighter phone. So what's EMUI like? Can you disable their silly bloatware? :confused:

Associate
Hi . I have a Galaxy s7 edge and am looking to get a new phone mainly for the photography side . I know these two (Google pixel 2 xl and Huawei P20 Pro ) ,are rated really highly ( and cheaper than the Galaxy s9 plus ) but can people advise me on which they would pick from personal use. I will be mainly taking low light pic. I know its subjective but any personal opinions would be appreciated.

Soldato
EMUI is great, older versions of it bothered me as the was no appytray, so like an iPhone you had to have all your apps on homes screens.

But for a good year or so you can have a Google style app tray if you want, without having to use a 3rd party launcher.

Other than that it's great.

Associate
Hello all. Had the p20 pro for a few weeks now, loving the battery life and general feel of the phone. One thing that is really bugging me is there doesn't seem to be an option for different sounds for an email and a text. Hoping it's me being stupid but can't find it. I get about 150 emails a day and maybe 5-10 texts, so would really like different signals. Appreciate if anyone knows how to sort this.
Regards JR

Soldato
EMUI is great, older versions of it bothered me as the was no appytray, so like an iPhone you had to have all your apps on homes screens.

But for a good year or so you can have a Google style app tray if you want, without having to use a 3rd party launcher.

Other than that it's great.
Thanks. There seems to be a bit of hate for it online but perhaps that's for the older versions. But can you disable their apps? I just want stock google messenger, chrome, Google photos etc. It'd really wind me up if they can't be removed :(

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Hi . I have a Galaxy s7 edge and am looking to get a new phone mainly for the photography side . I know these two (Google pixel 2 xl and Huawei P20 Pro ) ,are rated really highly ( and cheaper than the Galaxy s9 plus ) but can people advise me on which they would pick from personal use. I will be mainly taking low light pic. I know its subjective but any personal opinions would be appreciated.

I think the P20 Pro is the definitive option if low light is what you are after as all the reviews show excellent results.
Beyond that, from what I have found it’s personal preference.
I am trying to decide which to go for as well!
My overall feeling is the S9+ is the better all rounder though and for me low light sounds good, but probably less important than overall package.
One thing that I’m not sure about with the P20 is the zoom options.
It seems it’s normal or 3x. It would be nice to have a 2x option as well.
Also, the slow motion is not true 960fps.

Soldato
I've set the volume keys to control zoom. Works well. Up to 3x is optical (will capture more detail). 3x-5x is hybrid (no loss of detail). 5x-10x is digital (loss of detail).

Back
Top Bottom