**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Soldato
Is anyone else getting spammed by the notification:

Verify HUAWEI ID
Your HUAWEI ID settings have been updated. Verify it to access cloud services.

It appears to be the "Files" app, I've turned off notifications a few times with no joy. From what I understand the Cloud service isn't available in UK anyway..

Associate
Is anyone else getting spammed by the notification:

Verify HUAWEI ID
Your HUAWEI ID settings have been updated. Verify it to access cloud services.

It appears to be the "Files" app, I've turned off notifications a few times with no joy. From what I understand the Cloud service isn't available in UK anyway..

Had that a few times,after I signed in with my Google account it became less frequent now I see it pop up and disappear automatically.

Can anyone recommend a glass screen protector? the one that came on the pro just isn't up to the task

Soldato
My sister got one of these and in her typical idiot self, has just shattered the screen and back by fighting while drunk!

The whole phone was bent, but it still worked, it was just too cracked to see everything properly, she asked me if I would buy it and since she did the same with my S3 a while back, I said I will only give her £40 and so she reluictantly agreed and I have repaired it so it now looks as good as new.

I use a Note 8 as my main Phone, and I have a number of other phones that I use for other jobs, but it seems to be a decent phone and so I have ordered tempered glass and a couple of cases to help keep it protected, and I will use it for going out ,so if I do lose it, I wont care too much.

I do have a few issues with the thing however... I was hoping that maybe someone can help out?

Connecting to the PC via USB seems funky?

The first issue, is that it keeps defaulting to CHARGE ONLY. I keep chaning it to allow me to copy files to/from it but it randomly disconnects from the PC.

Second issue. I am trying to copy a load of files over to the SD Card, ( or the Phone itself ), but the card kind of keeps vanishing and re-appearing all the time?
Copies still seem to continue however? but

I have a number of cables and a number of tablets and phones and a number of PCs and the ONLY thing that does give me issues, is the P20

The note 8 has a different issue I will ask elsewhere

Anyone know what I can try?

Associate
I've had the P20 pro for 10 days now. I came from a battered s7 edge and I must say I'm very impressed. It's my first ever Huawei phone and it feels a very big upgrade from the s7 edge. My girlfriend has the s9+ and I was very close to getting one myself, but I opted for the p20 due to being impressed by reviews and it was also quite a bit cheaper.

I've got it in twilight which looks great. Not had a massive play with the camera yet but I've taken shots with the s9+ and p20 and the p20 has had the better results, even the Mrs agrees and she's never heard of Haewei and tried to convince me me to get an s9. Zoom is great on videos too. The speakers, fingerprint scanner and face unlock are all great too. Also preferring the UI over touchwiz. I definitely recommend this phone to anybody thinking of getting one.

Last edited:
Associate
i need to see how well it lit.
Took a photo of the led but can't get it to post the image, so click the link. It's not the biggest led notification but it is noticeable and does the job.

https://ibb.co/bKnEUJ
bKnEUJ

Back
Top Bottom