**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Associate
I have a few questions on my P20 Pro - I dunno whether it's me being dim, or MUIU/MIUI (?) or whatever
  • with my homescreen, it doesn't auto-rotate - is that right? I'm sure my last android phone did (and yes I do have the options set to auto-rotate!)
  • when powering on the screen, if you then swipe down from the top, 90% of the time I get the Enter PIN appearing....but about 10% of the time I get the (is it?) quick settings, which is more useful to me (though I notice that the quick settings include an NFC switch, so I guess if someone stole the phone and it was readily accessible, they'd just switch the NFC on and try their luck. My previous phone didn't have an NFC switch on the quick settings)
  • with my previous phone I used to be able to swipe down on the notifications and see, without marking as read, multiple messages from the same sender, rather than just the last one
Any advice?

Thanks

Associate
I have a few questions on my P20 Pro - I dunno whether it's me being dim, or MUIU/MIUI (?) or whatever
  • with my homescreen, it doesn't auto-rotate - is that right? I'm sure my last android phone did (and yes I do have the options set to auto-rotate!)
  • when powering on the screen, if you then swipe down from the top, 90% of the time I get the Enter PIN appearing....but about 10% of the time I get the (is it?) quick settings, which is more useful to me (though I notice that the quick settings include an NFC switch, so I guess if someone stole the phone and it was readily accessible, they'd just switch the NFC on and try their luck. My previous phone didn't have an NFC switch on the quick settings)
  • with my previous phone I used to be able to swipe down on the notifications and see, without marking as read, multiple messages from the same sender, rather than just the last one
Any advice?

Thanks

I'm not sure what your last device was, but on my current device (OP3T) home screen doesn't rotate either, but I don't have a use for that anyway. I'm sure my home screen did rotate on an older phone I had.

As for your second question, on current android if you swipe down from the top with one finger, you get one row of settings plus your notifications, but if you swipe down with two fingers you get access to all the quick settings, and the settings which appear here can also be changed, so you don't have to have NFC there. So I guess 10% of the time you were using two fingers without realising.

As for your last question, on my device I can do that but not by swiping; there are little ^ and ˅ arrows that I can press to expand the notification and read more than one message, although the amount of messages displayed varies according to the amount you have received and how many other notifications are taking up space, so sometimes you can swipe other notifications away to reveal more messages.

Hope this helps

Associate
P20 Pro is on giffgaff site for £649... Only in black though and I really really want the twilight, so this offer is like a slap in the face to me

Soldato
Agree with the black sides, changed from the default clear jelly case to a supcase using black sides/clear back and it's transformed the look of the phone while making it more comfortable to hold :)

Soldato
I am still using the case the phone came with.

Any decent cases out there with kickstands? miss being able to sit my phone up when watching movies etc...

Spigen, [Slim Armor] [Gunmetal] P20 PRO Case, Hybrid Drop Protection Air Cushion Technology Military Grade Resistant Shockproof Tested Enhanced Kickstand for P20 PRO (2018) - L23CS24016

It's £14.99 off the rainforrest

Only down sides are the rear plastic scratches really easily and side are a bit slippery

But Ive dropped my phone a few times from waist height or higher and not a single scratch on my actual phone

Currently using

Spigen [Ultra Hybrid] [Crystal Clear] P20 PRO Case, Flexible TPU Hard PC Back All Round Protection Phone Case Cover for P20 PRO - L23CS23989

Which is still very good protection but keeps the phone not bulky at all and shows off the back glass really nicely

Hope this helps

Sgarrista
Commissario
Can anyone recommend a screen protector with perfect invisible fitment? My one from the factory has got a little bit of edge peel so want to get that changed asap.

Back
Top Bottom