**** The Official Huawei P40 pro Thread ****

Associate
I thought I would create a thread for a discussion location for the Huawei P40 pro as discussions were high jacking other threads.

After a few tests, it does look as though you can get all google apps to work apart from Gpay and google music & and most annoyingly banking apps won't work atm. Which probably is a good thing with regards to hacking the phone to get google to work anyway.

nothing more to add here anyone else trying one of these at the moment?

Associate
OP
I can understand that although I was quite surprised by how easy it was to get by without Google services to be honest. I only installed them to see if I could...

Only major deal breaker I can see is the lack of banking app or Google pay. Suppose I could use a card again

I must admit that the huawei is a nice design and feel to it like days of old when you knew that you had picked up an apple product if you know what I mean.

Associate
OP
I'm still undecided on whether swap across from the note 10+ or not, the camera is just so woeful on that thing. Which winds me up when taking a couple hundred inspection photos on a daily basis.

Associate
OP
Must admit after using it for a 2 day I'm loving the swipe right and left and up with the curved edges instead of the back button menu on the bottom of Google phones really smooth and satisfying.

Associate
OP
oh, that is definitely EE's fault they have even admitted that they have problems with Huawei OTA updates. Just connect up to Hisuite on the computer.

So I have had this phone a while now and it is quite simple to sideload GMS the only thing that won't work is GPAY and some banking apps one being mine:rolleyes:.

Now I just need to decide whether to keep the P40pro or carry on with the Note10+, normally these decisions are easy to make never been so indecisive...

Associate
OP
With regards to the curved edges of the screen Huawei have nailed it. The screen is really flat and the curved edges drop away quite sharply (unlike the prolonged shallow curved of previous Samsung phones) but with a very smooth radius feel to them which work superbly with Huawei gesture control.

Pills or notches meh doesn't bother me I'm in the oddball camp that quite likes them... :eek: but generally speaking it's hidden 80% of the time either by luck or software in emui? But I only notice it on you tube when zooming to fit screen.

Back
Top Bottom