*** The Official iOS 12 Thread ***

Soldato
I use it, I also have everything synced to google drive (first tier in both). Given that all my ‘memories’ (who has photo albums these days) are digital it’s prudent to have redundancy.

I did consider chucking everything on onedrive or Dropbox too but haven’t got round to it yet.

Soldato
I'm using the 2TB iCloud plan, because my eco system is apple & apples approach to respecting privacy sits well with me, not fond of google, M$, etc doing lord knows what with your data.

It's my cloud place I run my business off, all my documents etc, obviously backs up my iPhone pics/memories (I tend to do most of my own lifes photos on my phone), although I'm a full time photographer.

I just like how it just works well, I find other services a little bit of a faff.

I do use backblaze for my business's file back up however as that's unlimited data backup.

Soldato
I get a bit confused with iCloud storage, I just have the base storage 5gb? but then recently I turned on iCloud drive as stuff like numbers app was not syncing across devices.

I do not understand the difference between the two if there is, for example contacts, notes, photos all sync without iCloud drive turned on, so why does that need to be on to sync numbers and I presume word as well.

Associate
Does anyone else have trouble updating apps recently? Im on the latest ios, time is on auto and have tried a hard reset but no joy.

Im having to click update half a dozen times before it will work

Back
Top Bottom