*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
Will do my iPad but wait a few weeks before doing my phone.
I’m in no rush, will let the issues get fixed and updated and even then I still may not bother. Unsure if this will have a impact on battery life like it did when I went to iOS 13 from 12

Caporegime
How in the blazes are you supposed to get the fancy widgets on the main screen? I’m trying to make the clock app bigger but it’s not having any of it. And nothing happening for BBC Weather either.

EDIT: Restricted to iPhone only. Doesn’t work on iPad. :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Updated my Xs to 14 late last night. It is extremely snappy, it feels like Apple reduced the animation draw times a tad. It is very noticeable when you're closing apps and dropping back to the home screen. No problems so far, the app library is EXTREMELY useful and sodding overdue as I have now chucked a vast amount of my apps into it in order to make room on my home screen for a battery and weather widget. Given that Android has had this forever I am surprised it took so long. It is well implemented anyway. Not sure if I'll use widget that much given their limitations on iOS but time will tell.

I'll update my iPad Pro 12.9" and Watch S4 later today. I think Apple TV (4k) has an update too!

Soldato
Hurrah, iOS14 has finally sorted a problem that I've had with my iPhone XS since installing 13.4. When entering a phone number it would format it like it were a US number (despite language and region settings being correctly set) which confused me a few times when I was checking that I'd entered the number correctly.

RcOp4c4.png

iOS14 has sorted that.

Soldato
Hurrah, iOS14 has finally sorted a problem that I've had with my iPhone XS since installing 13.4. When entering a phone number it would format it like it were a US number (despite language and region settings being correctly set) which confused me a few times when I was checking that I'd entered the number correctly.

RcOp4c4.png

iOS14 has sorted that.
My XR has/had the same issue, is that unknown number calling you? Mine would show +44 even if it was a UK caller

Soldato
I like what they've done with iOS 14, but for the love of god why didn't they allow users to position app icons anywhere on the home screen? In previous iOS versions I assume Apple wanted every iPhone to have the same (generic) appearance so that the devices were easily recognizable, but since they've allowed widgets, why not add extra flexibility with icon positioning? Aargh!

Unrelated, is there a way to make the double back tap mimic a universal back gesture? I had a look but couldn't see anything.

Back
Top Bottom