*** The Official iOS 15 Thread ***

Soldato
I thought I was going to hate the address bar at the bottom but I’m finding it very intuitive.

I’ve got small hands so I was always doing the ‘swipe the screen down to half way’ thing anyway. Now I don’t need to.

The only thing I haven’t got used to is the new tab icon is now on the left with the ‘Tab Group’ controls in the middle. I haven’t used tab groups yet so this seems a bit redundant at the moment.

Apart from that, I’m pleasantly surprised, especially considering the mess they’ve made of Safari 15 for MacOS.

*Edit* Just found my first grievance with iOS 15 – I've just gotten used to the iOS14 way of changing alarms, and they've changed it back to the click-wheels. Turns out just typing the time is actually quicker than scrolling the wheels but now they've reverted to the old method.

Could they not give users the choice now that they've introduced a different way of doing something? <sigh>

Last edited:
Associate
*Edit* Just found my first grievance with iOS 15 – I've just gotten used to the iOS14 way of changing alarms, and they've changed it back to the click-wheels. Turns out just typing the time is actually quicker than scrolling the wheels but now they've reverted to the old method.

Could they not give users the choice now that they've introduced a different way of doing something? <sigh>

If you tap on the digits, then the keyboard appears and you can overtype it. Best of both!

Soldato
I'm done with Do Not Disturb, it's utterly broken.

Yet again this morning my phone remained in DND beyond the scheduled time which is annoying at best and plain dangerous at worst, if I were to not notice it.

Tapped the moon icon to bring up the focus list, disabled DND and then saw my overnight notifications, all fine right?

Nope - locked the phone and the DND moon symbol was back again! Went it to Settings/Focus and DND was indeed off but had to toggle it on and off again to get rid of the moon symbol.

Complete crap.

Soldato
I'm done with Do Not Disturb, it's utterly broken.

Yet again this morning my phone remained in DND beyond the scheduled time which is annoying at best and plain dangerous at worst, if I were to not notice it.

Tapped the moon icon to bring up the focus list, disabled DND and then saw my overnight notifications, all fine right?

Nope - locked the phone and the DND moon symbol was back again! Went it to Settings/Focus and DND was indeed off but had to toggle it on and off again to get rid of the moon symbol.

Complete crap.
Can’t say I’m having any issues with DnD at the moment. Have you tried a restore ? (I know, you shouldn’t have to as it can be a massive hassle) but it’s what I would try.

Soldato
Can’t say I’m having any issues with DnD at the moment. Have you tried a restore ? (I know, you shouldn’t have to as it can be a massive hassle) but it’s what I would try.

Was a new iPhone and I took the time to set it up from scratch rather than restore from backup. Not doing that again.

Soldato
Fair enough. Hopefully a future update will sort it out

Yeah maybe. Apple's QC is utterly shocking lately. 5+ years ago I could safely install a new version of iOS on day one, confident it would work pretty flawlessly. Nowadays I leave it at least a month to let the dust settle. Was just forced on me this time by the new phone.

Soldato
Maybe you can try not using DnD at all and customising the sleep focus mode instead. I don't use DnD at all and Focus works well.

Soldato
I’ve just been out working on my car for maybe an hour, come back in and seen 15 WhatsApp messages, a handful of emails and a missed call. I didn’t get a single notification on my phone or my watch and DND isn’t turned on… bit weird, don’t know if it’s related to the above.

Soldato
15.0.2 is out.

• Photos saved to your library from Messages could be deleted after removing the associated thread or message
  • AirTag might not appear in the Find My Items tab
  • Device restore or update may fail when using Finder or iTunes for iPad mini (6th generation)
The updates also fix security vulnerabilities.

Soldato
Confirmed it is working, assume some sites that I tried aren’t on its watchlist. When it works it’s slick, when it doesn’t I report it. Sometimes I see cookie pop ups that vanish quickly. Assume it’s just not caught them quick enough

Back
Top Bottom