*** The official iOS 6 thread ***

I imagine it'll be free! But I can also see Google slapping ads all over the place :p
Hmm true. Can Apple filter the ads? Just thinking of Google slapping HTC One X/Samsung GS3/Galaxy Tab ads all over the place. :D

Is that upside down?
Bleedin' 'eck! That looks so wrong. TomTom must be quite angry with Apple. They supplied the data and Apple seem to have, somehow, completely screwed up how it's displayed.

based on what i've seen, they could charge and people would still pay for it, especially if they incorporate their own new features now they're not restricted by apple (so to speak)
I agree. I'd certainly pay a few £££ for a Google Map app if it replaces the obviously rubbish Apple Maps.

Last edited:
based on what i've seen, they could charge and people would still pay for it, especially if they incorporate their own new features now they're not restricted by apple (so to speak)

I would and all of the sudden Google just made a butt load of cash. (although they probably lost loads but losing what Apple paid them for the maps before)

Huge PITA with this new update today. Phone nearly bricked. Went dead on a 100% charge during the night ... and my alarm with it. Had to do a complete restore. It only worked on the 5th go.

Maps couldn't direct me where I wanted to go. Battery pretty much ran down at twice the speed than usual.

Finally home now after it died around 5pm after very sporadic use and only an hour of browsing.

Not overly impressed yet

Both me and bro have had same issue.

Texts go to your iPad but not phone until you clear the messages in the phon from that person. Then it works as normal. Buggy piece of crap

The plot thickens...

Apple have made a statement regarding the Maps update...

9to5mac.com said:
Quote from Apple Representative: "Customers around the world are upgrading to iOS 6 with over 200 new features including Apple Maps, our first map service. We are excited to offer this service with innovative new features like Flyover, turn by turn navigation, and Siri integration. We launched this new map service knowing it is a major initiative and that we are just getting started with it. Maps is a cloud-based solution and the more people use it, the better it will get. We appreciate all of the customer feedback and are working hard to make the customer experience even better."

Source

The plot thickens...

Apple have made a statement regarding the Maps update...

Source

That isn't how apple role though... they like to get it right before it goes out... at least that is what I thought!

Edit... Also, how can it get with more people using it? If they have miss assigned a place I don't see how more people using it will make it better? (apart from the increase in complaints/feedback being submitted)

That isn't how apple role though... they like to get it right before it goes out... at least that is what I thought!

Indeed in some respects you're right. Especially in Hardware, they stand back and watch other manufacturers struggle and get all the bugs out the way, then come in with the perfected solution :p Not in this instance it would seem :p

I really hope they know what they're doing though...

I don't know why people are saying this is unlike Apple.

Bonjour, iTunes, Final Cut X, MobileMe, Ping, OSX Lion, iOS6... Apple have a track record over the last few years of delivering garbage to users. Its just the way their business is focused now. The difference is people are starting to wake up to it.

Back
Top Bottom