*** The official iOS 6 thread ***

Soldato
I see it was noted on some tech site today but i did find one very useful feature if the new maps at weekend

Wad in a very poor signal area no 3G but hardly anything else either m

Normally I'd not have much luck with getting google maps up bug the apple maps loaded pretty quick :). I think the vector based graphics are reported to be much smaller to download

Soldato
I haven't read through this thread tbh but has anyone experienced a signal problem with wifi since upgrading to iOS6, mine seems much more weak since upgrading, if I go more than 10 feet away its on like 1 wifi bar.

Admittedly I'm on a 3GS so age and the many dropages may have finally taken its toll on it, but thought I'd check.

Soldato
I haven't read through this thread tbh but has anyone experienced a signal problem with wifi since upgrading to iOS6, mine seems much more weak since upgrading, if I go more than 10 feet away its on like 1 wifi bar.

Admittedly I'm on a 3GS so age and the many dropages may have finally taken its toll on it, but thought I'd check.

Yes, weaker and it now seems to take far longer to pick up the signal and connect from standby.

Soldato
"Youplayer" on the iPad is pretty much a copy of the former YouTube app. It's not quite as slick but its just as useable.

If you're looking for a Youtube player - I can recommend "Jasmine". It's from the creator of "AlienBlue", so if you're a regular Redditor, you'll find the interface very familiar :)

Associate
I've now become slightly unimpressed with iOS6 after I did a search on the app store that brought over 1000 results, massively unresponsive system and then a crash to the home screen which was caused by a low memory warning,

Me thinks Apple needs to start limiting the amount of result are shown at one time.

Soldato
If you're looking for a Youtube player - I can recommend "Jasmine". It's from the creator of "AlienBlue", so if you're a regular Redditor, you'll find the interface very familiar :)

I tried that one but I prefer youplayer just because its a rip off of the old YouTube app. Don't really need anything extra

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I have to say I wasn't really bothered by Apple Maps not being as good, the small things annoyed me like tube stops and train stations not displaying the name. However, yesterday I was leaving one meeting so routed myself to the next, only for when to select public transport they then recommend apps to do it, rather than do it in app like Google. Not a huge problem as I have those apps and know the LU system anyway, but often google would show me a better route than to go from my nearest station, or to get a bus instead.

Soldato

It may be worth restoring back to 5.1.1 if you back up yer shsh blobs. :) That way you can see of sure if this is a software or hardware issue.

Associate
Is anyone else having the following type of Wifi problems,

(On a 4S connected via wifi to a Sky Netgear Router (DG834GT))

Connects fine - Safari works fine - sites load straight away, any other app seems to have real problems getting anything - switch to 3G and it works straight away.

This is even on apps that are updated for ios6 aswell. Nothing wrong with the router as my laptop connects to it fine, as does the ps3 and my old phone when i tested it.

So did the 4S until ios6.

Soldato
Need a little help please, received an iPhone 4s for the other half and it has come running iOS6 as you would expect but for the life of me i cant get the app store to work for her.

I have gone through a lot of fixes on the internet that have been suggested but it doesn't seem to be getting me any where.

Any one else having similar issues or suggestions?

Soldato
Just a blank screen in the app store, i cant search for anything and there is no featured at all. ive registered the phone, created an account and used it to log into on the phone and the phone reports me as logged in fine. its been connected to the MBP and i tunes and gone through the relevant set up too, i have even restored the phone in the effort to solve the issue but no luck

i have done this before on a ipad2 so i know its pretty straight forward but the ipad is running iOS5.something or other

Sam

Sam

Soldato
May be a daft question however why do devs seem to be taking so long to upgrade apps to use the whole screen on the iphone 5?. Hardly any of my apps run in full screen

Sam

Associate
This has probably already been mentioned in here, but has anyone elses iPad battery started to drain very quickly since the update to IOS6? I never used to notice the battery drain, but now its very obvious. Even with location services etc off it isn't any better. Think it's restore time and failing that to the apple store!

Associate
This has probably already been mentioned in here, but has anyone elses iPad battery started to drain very quickly since the update to IOS6? I never used to notice the battery drain, but now its very obvious. Even with location services etc off it isn't any better. Think it's restore time and failing that to the apple store!

I've noticed this too on my iPad 2. Whilst trying to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 ispw, itunes says it cannot be restored because the firmware file is not compatible or my device isn't eligible for the requested build when I try both iPad 2 5.1.1 ipsw's

Last edited:
Associate

Just an update really for anyone else who might read this. My battery issues have been sorted after restoring the iPad. It has massively improved, so was well worth doing!!

Back
Top Bottom