90hz OLED screen with always on display and reduced notch

6GB RAM

5G

Further FaceID improvements

Base storage upped to 128GB

USB C

Reverse wireless charging

Higher wattage wireless charging

There’s been a LOT of rumours that next year is going to see a big upgrade and it makes sense now that the X design is 3 years old.

Seems like madness to upgrade now from a X, so going to be an exciting wait until next sep!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I’ve amended the OP to reflect the higher probability improvements.

It’s going to be a huge change relative to this year. Apple don’t keep the same design 4 years running and they’ll have to go 5G to compete.

Those 2 changes alone make the 2020 model far more interesting than this years naff upgrade.

Soldato
OP
Was ready for a 12pro to replace my 6s but struggling to justify it against a non pro 12.
Happy to be educated but a telephoto lens and LiDAR are they really worth the extra £150 (for the 128GB)?
Perhaps someone can explain to me how much those things will improve my user experience - genuine request.

Well you're paying for double the storage, the more premium stainless steel build, 2GB extra RAM, the telephoto lens and LIDAR... it's not "just" LIDAR and the camera.

Soldato
OP
Don't know why it's only just dawned on me... but

Why do only the US phones have the mm 5G antenna? I appreciate we don't have mm wave here yet but isn't this just the kind of sneaky move that Samsung pull with the exynos chips, charging the same price for an inferior product?

Can't our phones just have the antenna but disabled?

Soldato
OP
What USB C charger is everyone going for? Bit narked off that I need to buy one really. Apple's 20w is £19, though I can see ESR 20w plugs on Amazon for £12.99 or a Spigen 27w one for about £8, so not sure the apple one is necessary?

Soldato
OP
Wasx thinking the same. Makes sense for a car charger but zero sense anywhere else unless I'm seriously missing something?

Sometimes i'll be laying in bed at night with battery on critical and obviously can't charge on the wireless pad and use it... so in this instance magsafe would solve the issue (tho admittedly in the same way a normal cable would).

Back
Top Bottom