***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
QU8rq.png

Features:
  • Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
  • 4.7-inch 1280 x 768 IPS Display (320 ppi)
  • 1.5GHz Quad Core Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 8 MP BSI camera with LED Flash
  • 1.3 MP front-facing camera
  • Up to 16GB of internal storage
  • 2, 100 mAh battery
  • 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1 mm dimensions
  • Weighs 139g
  • Wireless Charging
  • NFC
  • micro SIM card
  • Notification LED at the bottom
Google Play Store said:
£239 8GB available here
£279 16GB available here

Features of JellyBean 4.2:
  • Photo Sphere panorama photos
  • Gesture typing on the keyboard
  • Lockscreen improvements, including widget support and the ability to swipe directly to camera
  • Expandable notifications with that let you take actions directly
  • Message zooming in Gmail with the ability to reflow text automatically
  • Daydream screensavers
  • Accessibility improvements: triple-tap to magnify the entire screen, pan and zoom with two fingers. Speech output and Gesture Mode navigation for blind users.
  • Miracast support for wireless display sharing
  • Google Now can use Gmail as a data source for new cards, including improved flight tracker, hotel and restaurant reservations, movie and music recommendations. Photo Spot card recommends interesting places to take photos based on your location.
  • More information available here

Reviews:

The Verge
Engadget
Techcrunch
Slashgear
Android Community
CNET
CNET UK
Gizmodo
The Next Web
The Telegraph
Wired
Techradar

Last edited:
Soldato
768 res - someone was right :cool: :D

pictures...

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh609/men3wh/nex4_zpsc2b558dd.png

Nexus 4 Review roundup

http://androidandme.com/2012/11/smartphones-2/nexus-4-review-roundup/

What critics are saying about the Nexus 4

Design: “I took a set of keys, a fork and a pocket knife to the front and back glass panels of the Nexus 4 and couldn’t get a scratch to show up anywhere.” “It’s quite grippy thanks to a rubberized band of plastic that runs in a ring around the whole device.” “The screen is coated smoothly from edge to edge, and it almost feels like the glass is melted over the sides.”
Display: “I wouldn’t say it’s the absolute best, as I still prefer the color reproduction of the One X and the sharpness of the iPhone’s Retina display, but it’s very close” “Clean and crisp in just about any light setting.” “It’s one of the nicest displays we’ve ever viewed in the midday sun.” “Let’s not mince words here: the Nexus 4’s screen is awesome.”

Audio: “The rear speaker isn’t very loud and doesn’t sound very good.” “The external speaker sounded weak and it’s worse when you aren’t holding the phone because it’s located on the rear.” “Call quality and reception was excellent on the phone.” “We loved making calls on the Nexus, as our friends came through loud and clear. It was static-free and neither side of the conversation had any difficulty hearing each other.”
Performance: “I couldn’t find a single stutter or hiccup during my week with the phone.” “Performance and responsiveness on the device is second to none.” “For the most part, it was responsive and fast, multitasking was smooth and we only rarely had any lag.” “The Nexus 4 has been extraordinarily snappy during our time together.”

Camera: “The photos it takes aren’t quite as clear or detailed as the ones we’ve seen from the cameras on the HTC One X and iPhone 5.” “The phone’s most touted new capability, the ability to capture 360-degree pictures, worked poorly in my tests.” “The back camera worked well, certainly much better than the Galaxy Nexus, and was able to produce vivid images with a relatively low amount of noise and excellent color clarity.” “Google has greatly improved its photo editing options, making tweaking your images easier and faster than before.” “There are a few areas in which the Nexus 4 bests the GS3, and others in which it’s still very good, but loses to its Samsung competitor.”

Battery: “When it comes to battery life, the Nexus 4 is also performs just below the One X and the iPhone.” “Since it uses the Qi wireless charging standard, you can use a charging pad from another manufacturer” “The Nexus 4 lasted a full workday in mixed use” “To say it’s holding up for full work days would be an understatement; even with heavy use, this battery more than pulls its weight.”

Android 4.2: “There is simply no better Android experience than Android as Google has built it.” ”Android 4.2 is largely the same as 4.1 Jelly Bean.” “In my testing, Google voice search outperformed Siri in the majority of queries, and not only did it get the answers correct and offer up perfectly worded responses.” “Besides all the terrific changes in Android 4.2, I did notice a couple of software issues with third-party apps.”

Last edited:
Caporegime
Really wish there was a 32Gb version :( I need a new phone though and really want to try a Nexus device so it looks like I'll just have to cope.

I don't like this tactic from Google though, stop ******* over your top customers by holding back 3G versions and higher capacity models.

Caporegime

We need shiny pictures...

Prices and a release date would be better :) I just lost my SGS2 so a Nexus 4 would be a good alternative for me, provided it drops very soon!

UK Price

8gb: £239
16gb £279
Boom!! Cheaper than a replacement SGS2 or a Galaxy nexus, which were both on my shortlist, despite being old phones.

rp2000

Soldato
The price is insane, it basically prices a top end (seriously this thing has top top specs) attractive looking mobile phone into impulse buy territory... seriously good value.

Google are playing hardball.

Soldato
Holy freaking shiznit, less than £300 for the best phone on the market... YES ******** PLZ LAWL

Genuinely cannot believe how cheap that is. I am definitely going for 16GB now, can sell my GNex for about that!

Caporegime

hehe :D

This will most likely be my back up phone - woop!

Your back up phone...........WTF?!?!?!

What is your main phone!? This should be your main phone!

As I said in the other thread:

£279 direct from google for a 16GB nexus 4!?!?! A phone, which has the best mobile hardware on the market currently for £279!!!!!!

Mother of god! WTF..........

Will wait for some reviews first but if everything turns out to be as good as the one S or better i.e. camera, battery and audio then I will be getting one ASAP! :p :cool:

the camera looks so much better as well in terms of UI and features, although sense V4/one S/X camera UI and features still look better.

The back actually looks rather nice in that video, although still not great looking, but better than the note II and far better than the GS 3 back IMO.

Surely that price can't be right!?!?

This phone trumps the GS 3 (£450), one X (£400), one S (£310+), note II (£500) apart from possibly the camera and screen compared to the X/note II and the battery life compared to the note II and possibly the S/GS 3.

Can't wait till anandtech or/and gsmarena get their reviews done.

Back
Top Bottom