**** The Official LG V30 Thread ****

Soldato
This pretty much looks like the perfect phone, and how are they getting such good pics in low light with the sensor they are using! shows how much the low aperture and OIS can do!

Only thing i could moan about is lack of LED notification but with the active oled screen i'm guessing that's not an issue!

Caporegime
OP
I'm in such a pickle. The Note 8 would be the natural progression from my Note 4 but I'm tempted to vote with my wallet. The last two Samsung phones I've owned have been equally brilliant and terrible but I will miss the S-Pen (a friend recently switched from the Note 4 to the S8 and said the same). The V30 is definitely a consideration but so is the Mi Mix 2 and Mate 10 Pro. Good time for a new phone at least.

Soldato
This pretty much looks like the perfect phone, and how are they getting such good pics in low light with the sensor they are using! shows how much the low aperture and OIS can do!

Yeah I believe they are using quite a small sensor relative to the competition. The few camera reviews I've seen show it as a decent performer, however I think the Note 8 camera is on another level. Though I'd rather have a super wide angle second cam over a telephoto.

Plus the selfie camera is quite average, not super important to me but a shame nonetheless.

Soldato
Really like LG but resale is poor compared to other branded phones.

If your keeping it indefinitely then that’s fine but those who want to play and move on it will be costly.

Soldato
I'm in such a pickle. The Note 8 would be the natural progression from my Note 4 but I'm tempted to vote with my wallet. The last two Samsung phones I've owned have been equally brilliant and terrible but I will miss the S-Pen (a friend recently switched from the Note 4 to the S8 and said the same). The V30 is definitely a consideration but so is the Mi Mix 2 and Mate 10 Pro. Good time for a new phone at least.

Exact 3 phones I'm having a dilemma over. Coming from a nexus 6p

Caporegime
OP
Had a play with a heavily secured Note 8 yesterday, was hard to get a proper feel for it so strapped down. I thought it made my decision towards a V30 easier but watched a preview of the Note 8 camera vs the V30's. I'm not bothered about the front camera but the Note 8 consistently beat the V30, either the V30 having a much better wide angle mode. Torn.

Soldato
It's annoying that it was released with Android 7.1 and not 8.0 because it will inevitably only get software releases up until Android 9. This immediately makes the Pixel 2 a more attractive proposition for me.

Back
Top Bottom