Poll: *** The official M3/M4 24” iMac thread (it has the M3/M4 chip and everything!) ***

Are you getting an M3 or M4 iMac?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 100.0%

• Total voters
It looks like they are releasing the M3 chips early because Mac sales are down. Apple think this is due to not much difference between M1 and M2
I disagree with the latter there - They really focussed on the speed difference between the M1 and the M3, they glossed over the difference between the M2 and the M3 because it's not actually very much in comparison.

That's an awful article. For example, two headlines, one after another.

Sales of Macs and iPhones Disappoint​

But iPhones and Services Prosper​

Somewhat contradictory. If you read into the article, the reason iMac sales are down is because they were so huge the previous years due to the switch over to Apple Silicon. It's natural progression, sales of the new devices were enormous and that level is completely unsustainable.

I feel the 'chin' issue is largely from people who haven't owned and used an iMac. I've been using iMacs since 2011 and when I'm using the computer, I don't even notice it. I moved the iMac from my shack to my office last year when I got the Studio and the Studio display. When I'm in the shack, I don't think 'oh thank goodness, I'm not looking at the chin' and when I'm in the office using the iMac, I've never once thought 'oh, I wish I was in the shack using a display without the chin'.

It's completely and utterly irrelevant. It's never been a problem.

/edit - Just texted my mate Andy who bought an M1 iMac earlier this year to replace a very old Intel iMac and asked him what he thought of the chin. His reply: "what chin?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom