1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official macOS Mojave thread ***

Discussion in 'Apple Software' started by Feek, Sep 23, 2018.

1. bcjames

Soldato

I did a 'restore standard fonts' via File in Font Book and it sorted my web fonts issue. It does seem to remove any added fonts, which isn't a problem for me as they are all on a nas anyway, but beware.

2. Feek

Commissario

Good to know - I'll be interested to know if it sorts it for the other people having the same issue.

3. MagicBoy

Capodecina

Yeah, that fixed it. I'd tried a validate before but with no joy.

Cheers bcjames.

4. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Genius.

5. SupraWez

Wise Guy

So is this only an issue for people with additional fonts loaded?

Wasnt even aware loading additional fonts was still a thing :D

6. MagicBoy

Capodecina

Some apps install fonts, notably MS Office and Adobe...

7. UberTiger

Mobster

My fonts definitely look different too after just upgrading. Might have to have a play with the settings.

I just noticed this when opening up the new app store - it seems Apple now track how many phone calls and emails we make?!

Not sure how I feel about that.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/apple-to-calculate-trust-scores-to-combat-fraud-2018-9

8. UberTiger

Mobster

Not sure about dark mode either. Doesn't feel quite right, even the native apps like Messages.

9. MagicBoy

Capodecina

Business Insider tho, so it's clickbait.

10. UberTiger

Mobster

I googled it after reading the actual text in the OS that I quoted above. Business Insider was just one of many articles on it.

11. UberTiger

Mobster

The new screenshot tool using shift cmd 5 is good. It would be better if it could capture entire web pages though, including below the fold, rather than just what's visible on your monitor.

The ability to take a photo with your phone and automatically insert it into notes etc. seems broken. Keeps timing out on my X even with iOS 12.0.1 and connected using a cable.

12. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

Thank you! It removed a couple of fonts I'd installed for work, but everything else is back as it should be.

13. rpstewart

Man of Honour

Anyone having issues downloading the Mojave update from the App Store? I hit the download button which changes to downloading and the progress bar appears then after 50-100Mb it stops, the button goes back to Download.. I can hit it again and it *seems* to be resuming the download each time based on the size of the progress bar but it's rather annoying that I can't just let it get on with things itself.

14. rpstewart

Man of Honour

Never mind seems to have sorted itself now.

15. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

How are people finding Mojave for stability? Since I upgraded had a few instances of running out of application memory, specifically 16gb on the iMac when running FCPX with no more taxing content than normal, and 8gb on the MacBook running a number of Citrix apps.

16. Feek

Commissario

I haven't noticed that - But my iMac has 40Gb RAM and I doubt I fill it up. The MB only has 8Gb but again, I don't really drive it hard.