***The Official Marvel's Avengers thread***

Soldato
I'm personally quite enjoying the ps4 beta after expecting the worst..that video above is disingenuous but then no surprise as wab loves the controversy and clickbait for the views. That level is a tutorial and meant to be stupidly easy and difficulty can be scaled up once you get past that. Think the bigger issue it will have is the same issue all games of this ilk have, mission and enemy variety. In terms of character moves there is quite a bit of combat variety from what I've played.

Its not any dissimilar to AC or any other third person game, not going to reinvent the wheel but fun enough. Would like to give it a whirl on pc when beta hits as I'm still on the fence as to whether it has longevity. The child in me definitely enjoyed being iron man and hulk though!

Caporegime
So good on Steam.....

Marvel_Beta.jpg

What a menu screen!

Soldato
To answer my own question NZ vpn did not work as those poor gits are lumped with Australia time so do not get it unlocked until 11pm NZ time that sucks for them.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just tried it via Virgin Media giving me a beta key and used on Steam, didn't need a vpn?

Only played for 20 minutes, generic dross so far, will try a bit more later. :)

Not sure the Avengers themselves can carry it, we have seen them for so many years in the films the game voices/characters just feel off.

Caporegime
I already had a bug as Hulk where I picked up some gear, went to the gear menu and then no buttons worked so I had to alt-tab to windows and shut it down.

Does feel generic really. It should play like God of War, instead it feels meh and the campaign so far has just been a corridor.

By the way there is an 18GB High res texture pack you can download as DLC.

Caporegime
Also I'm already finding the main character, Kamala Khan really annoying.

And this isn't some sexist thing, I have no issue with female protagonists in games but I'm not sure if it's the voice actor or the writing (or both) but she's no Fem-shep.

I think they've tried to make her quippy like the avengers but it's not working for me.

Back
Top Bottom