**** The Official Nokia 8 Thread ****

Soldato
Morning all,

Have any members on here got a Nokia 8 yet? Is there going to be a Nokia 9 or is that just speculation?
I'm looking at potentially getting one to replace my Nexus 5X over the next few months. I was initially looking at getting the Pixel 2 but not sure if I will bother after reading all the price and spec leaks.

Soldato
OP
I had heard if there was a Nokia 9 it may be the start of next year.
I have read good things about their updates and many have said they received the security updates before the Nexus and pixel range. Reason I was going to wait a few months was to see if they keep it up.

Soldato
OP
Gave in and picked one up today - so will let you know how I get on.

First "high" end phone I've had - should certainly be an upgrade from my 2nd gen moto g.

The difference must be night and day!!
If the finger print scanner was on the rear, I would probably have got a Nokia myself.

Soldato
OP
It's world's apart - even just basic tasks like web browsing it's so much quicker (seems quicker than a desktop pc even) - camera seems fine to me, and lots of nice quality of life improvements going from Android 5 to the latest 8.1.

Tried the finger print sensor and while it works, seemed clunky and only recognised finger prints in a very specific way (e.g. wouldn't recognise if angled slightly), too fiddly imo so have turned off.

Only thing I miss is a notification light, but can live with that (as stops me checking my emails every second of the day).

Enjoy your new purchase. Always nice to get a new up to date phone going from an old unit!

Soldato
OP
I quite like the look of the new 7.1 from Nokia. I may go down the Nokia route after my Pixel 2 mainly due to the massive cost of the pixels now.

Back
Top Bottom