***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
With my Technic sets, I've now started to only apply the stickers that are used for functions. Almost everything else I leave off (except for the Porsche - that stuff was necessary and relatively few in number)

Well, I disagree. The stickers make everything "come to life" so to speak. I always buy a spare set too.

As for the Porsche. Well that thing needs a damn site more than a few stickers.

I think it's fugly. Looks like it's been involved in a heavy crash and put back together again by someone who's not all that familiar with where all the bits were supposed to go.

Sorry.

Associate
Err. Nope. Not even wearing a pair of the finest beer goggles could I find a decent angle to admire that thing. Never mind the packaging , it just looks wrong to me.

Saturn V I'm quite looking forward to later this year. Always fancied building a giant Lego rocket.

Associate
What set was that from? In fairness I'm not surprised there's issue with the technics. I have the Lepin Porsche and been indecisive whether to build it. The technics for the SSD is fine but it's not moving. The Lepin I've bought and will but again is really just static models so I can get away with using Lepin.

I have nearly finished my Lepin Porsche, so far i've had 2 bricks that are grey and should be black, apart from that I cant fault it, everything seems to fit together as it should, no issues yet.

Soldato
A few more Lego Dimensions sets for my boy.... and a couple for me :p

31762907570_f3439d8e6c_o.jpg

Soldato
2017-01-05%2000.14.59.jpg

I know there is a lot of Lepin hate here but i really wanted this set.

The instructions are hard to follow very easy to miss things. The injection moulding on some Technics parts is not great, had some burrs that have had to push real hard to get to snap together. Not as extreme that i had to get the dremel out.

Defo not as good as lego I doubt i will ever buy lepin again but i wasn't willing to pay the brick link or second hand price.

Soldato
i have had a loft conversion due to the size of this thing its the only space i have to do it until decorator turns up beginning of feb.

Its old school building. No numbered bags here so thought it best to sort all the bricks first.

Associate
Half way through the Bucket wheel excavator (bags 5 finished), this thing is a monster.

I finished mine a couple of nights ago. Very impressive machine. Lukcily it JUST and no more fits on the shelf unit. It is absolutely massive. Just wait until step 6 and get the bucket wheel section done. That section alone was longer then my forearm and hand!

Associate
Anyone created something else from the Bucket wheel set yet?

Thing I love about Lego technic sets is the sheer ingenuity of some of the people out there and the fact that they share it..

As much fun as I had building the 42009 mobile crane it's now gonna be stripped down and made into this...

The F40 and the VW camper will both fit on there too. What joy.

Associate
Anyone created something else from the Bucket wheel set yet?

Thing I love about Lego technic sets is the sheer ingenuity of some of the people out there and the fact that they share it..

As much fun as I had building the 42009 mobile crane it's now gonna be stripped down and made into this...

The F40 and the VW camper will both fit on there too. What joy.

That is awesome! I work in the car salvage business and this makes me want to go buy the crane just to build this!

Soldato
I'll be all over that like a rash. That'll be the ultimate investor set.

People keep saying this about various sets, but it just doesn't happen any more. Too many people buying/collecting Lego now than there was than when say, the original UCS was released, and Lego make them in higher quantities anyway.

Back
Top Bottom