***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Like the look of that, went to buy it and they have put the delivery back up for VIP members. They dropped it to free delivery over £30 for VIP but seem to have had a change of heart :(

Looks like a classic set

Ordered it, I have £15 of VIP points and it came in at £21. I can swap them out too for Sith and Jedi with Stormtroopers and clone troopers as we have so many of both.

The pieces un clip and it folds away too. I'll see if i can build it this week and take some photos.

I was looking at how much some of the pirate ships go for these days too. I only have 3 but its a good £400+ :eek: Including one my wife picked up from Facebook for £40(Boxed) that people were asking £120 for! Obviously they aren't going anywhere and will need to be plucked from my cold dead hands but still, its good to know! :o:p

Associate
Lepin SSD finished and was a great build. I'm gutted I never bought the real one when I had the chance as prefer that to buying Lepin but few other options these days. Now just trying to find somewhere to put it.

Falcon is due this week to give me something to do. It got held at customs as shipper put a $20 value on a box of 5500 pieces. Rightly so Customs queried it as it's fairly obviously more. Sent them real value and waiting on updated import bill altho looks like it's been release already according to DHL tracking.

I am aware that many don't like Lepin and I won't use it for current kits but I can't afford 2nd hand inflated prices. I'll be buying a new UCS Falcon if they release one too as rumour of being able to assemble both versions means I can have one of each.

Just trying to sort ways to display the models now. Looking at some stands to wall mount an SSD, Falcon, Tie Fighter and Red 5. Proving harder than I first thought.

Soldato
My cat seems to share Jimlad's view of lepin.

He defecated and vomited all over my bricks on the floor yesterday.

I have no idea where i am going to put this falcon. If a genuine one is released i might buy that and sell the fake.

Caporegime
Lepin SSD finished and was a great build. I'm gutted I never bought the real one when I had the chance as prefer that to buying Lepin but few other options these days. Now just trying to find somewhere to put it.

Falcon is due this week to give me something to do. It got held at customs as shipper put a $20 value on a box of 5500 pieces. Rightly so Customs queried it as it's fairly obviously more. Sent them real value and waiting on updated import bill altho looks like it's been release already according to DHL tracking.

I am aware that many don't like Lepin and I won't use it for current kits but I can't afford 2nd hand inflated prices. I'll be buying a new UCS Falcon if they release one too as rumour of being able to assemble both versions means I can have one of each.

Just trying to sort ways to display the models now. Looking at some stands to wall mount an SSD, Falcon, Tie Fighter and Red 5. Proving harder than I first thought.

Don't feel guilty. Lego makes a lot of money I'm sure. I wouldn't buy it may as it doesn't hold value. But like you would be interested in a new ucs non inflated price release

Soldato
Don't feel guilty. Lego makes a lot of money I'm sure. I wouldn't buy it may as it doesn't hold value. But like you would be interested in a new ucs non inflated price release

Its not Lego themselves that have inflated the prices of the old UCS sets though, its the popularity and people profiteering from it. Don't get me wrong Lego do make loads of money but they do have an element of licencing, research, royalties, other over heads etc to take into account for the price of their sets.

Lepin literally copy everything so are probably charging packaging/brick cost plus whatever profit they want. They are the reason i can't buy just bulk collections of Lego on eBay anymore as my OCD can't handle the fact there could be fake bricks in there... :p

Associate
Lepin literally copy everything so are probably charging packaging/brick cost plus whatever profit they want. They are the reason i can't buy just bulk collections of Lego on eBay anymore as my OCD can't handle the fact there could be fake bricks in there... :p

And there's the issue now with it .Using brick link etc to buy old sets or parts was just easy now with the cheep Lego knock offs you will all ways be wondering if its Lego set or may be a copy or a mix of both.
As we see theirs sets on ebay from private sellers ucs falcon mainly saying sources parts from brick link but how may of these are fake lego ?if any .

Soldato
Lots of things I want in life that cost to much. Buying a knock off is lame. I can't buy bulk anymore because of this influx of fake crap.

Don't be a cheapskate and support a company that is completely illigeal

Caporegime
It's not illegal.

The manuals are copyrighted the second it was printed.
The design is copyrighted the second is was designed.
Not to mention they are licensed products, these licences costs money. If you start making movies with the Star Wars in a commercial capacity, how long do you think you will get before Disney's lawyers come knocking?

Taking the logo off the bricks doesn't make it legal.

If you think it is legal, who about you start selling BMW cars that looks the same without the badge and see how far you'd get.

The reason it is so prominent in China is because their courts don't give a damn about copyright. You will not find it this side of the world, lets not kid ourselves here, they are all sold and base in China. I want to see how far you'd get if you open shop and sell it here before Trading Standards and the police come knocking.

Caporegime
And there's the issue now with it .Using brick link etc to buy old sets or parts was just easy now with the cheep Lego knock offs you will all ways be wondering if its Lego set or may be a copy or a mix of both.
As we see theirs sets on ebay from private sellers ucs falcon mainly saying sources parts from brick link but how may of these are fake lego ?if any .

Don't all the lego bricks actually say lego on them and the fake stuff doesn't?

Back
Top Bottom