***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Can't type for toffee
Don
Sitting with 350ish of lego in me basket on CnC and a TRU card in me wallet uhoh....

has there been any change recently to the copyright lawsuit lego were launching against the chinese manufacturers?
I only ask as I've just seen the COGO offerings on amazon supriseed theyre allowing it tbh

Caporegime
Associate
I still think it's better to get loads of general blocks rather than kits to make 'an aeroplane' or 'batman's car'. Isn't it supposed to be about imaginative play? Bring back - 'this will make some sort of house; go create!' :) Batman's aeroplane car ...

Caporegime
I still think it's better to get loads of general blocks rather than kits to make 'an aeroplane' or 'batman's car'. Isn't it supposed to be about imaginative play? Bring back - 'this will make some sort of house; go create!' :) Batman's aeroplane car ...

I think this still applies to kids tbh. We're just a bunch of old farts collecting stuff now.

Caporegime

It also helps kids discipline and shows the end results of some patience.

My nephew (5) normally has people build stuff for him, so he can then play with them. I sat down with him the other day and built a few sets. He managed everything with ease, and was very happy with himself at the end result. Pretty much no input from me within a few pages.

He still has a huge (mine, from when I was younger) box full of stuff that he makes all sorts with.

Lego, the toy that'll never go out of date :)

Soldato
I think this still applies to kids tbh. We're just a bunch of old farts collecting stuff now.

My daughter has a box of random bricks, ,and constantly makes creations from them, I think you're right. Kids still do make random stuff, whereas adults are the ones that make the model and collect and let it gather dust on a display shelf. Kids do generally mix up and make their own stuff, well at least my daughter does.

Associate
It also helps kids discipline and shows the end results of some patience.

My nephew (5) normally has people build stuff for him, so he can then play with them. I sat down with him the other day and built a few sets. He managed everything with ease, and was very happy with himself at the end result. Pretty much no input from me within a few pages.

He still has a huge (mine, from when I was younger) box full of stuff that he makes all sorts with.

Lego, the toy that'll never go out of date :)
That's so true. Apart from sticks in the garden, most toys have evolved, changed or just gone electronic. I bet, if I ever have grandchildren, they will be playing this with their grandchildren!

Associate
Good point about getting general bricks rather than a designed set . I've just got my son a 900 piece box from the creative range, so much cheaper than a licensed set too

Back
Top Bottom