***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
Thinking of selling my Technics Porsche to clear some space for new sets, however when I was finished with the build I was left with a handfull of small pieces leftover which I have no idea how I missed out of the build :rolleyes:

Anyway, to make things worse I don't know what I did with the pieces so am unable to put them back in the box. Do you think this would put most potential buyers off? From what I can tell the set looks and operates perfectly fine without the missing parts.

Every set I have had has had extra non model parts. I always assume they are spares.

Soldato
Thinking of selling my Technics Porsche to clear some space for new sets, however when I was finished with the build I was left with a handfull of small pieces leftover which I have no idea how I missed out of the build :rolleyes:

Anyway, to make things worse I don't know what I did with the pieces so am unable to put them back in the box. Do you think this would put most potential buyers off? From what I can tell the set looks and operates perfectly fine without the missing parts.
Take the model apart and make sure the pieces you have tallies up with the list of pieces in the back of the manual, if everything matches then all good and don't worry about the spares.

Associate

It’s clearly missing pieces and therefore pretty much worthless, so with that in mind I’ll give you £20 for it.

Soldato

Every lego set i've ever done has pieces left over and i'm extremely OCD about my builds and know I didn't miss anything. They're normally tiny pieces that are easily lost or fragile bits. It's intentional.

Associate
Every Lego set I've ever done has pieces left over and I'm extremely OCD about my builds and know I didn't miss anything. They're normally tiny pieces that are easily lost or fragile bits. It's intentional.

As SixTwoSix has pointed out above. It's always the case with my sets also I've found.

Associate
As SixTwoSix has pointed out above. It's always the case with my sets also I've found.

Kind of intentional, the kits are put together by machine using weighing scales. If it doesn't detect the weight has changed it drops another piece.

That's primarily why you get the smaller parts spare most of the time (though based on the kit volumes you do sometimes get a bigger bit in there). :)

Caporegime
Kind of intentional, the kits are put together by machine using weighing scales. If it doesn't detect the weight has changed it drops another piece.

That's primarily why you get the smaller parts spare most of the time (though based on the kit volumes you do sometimes get a bigger bit in there). :)

That makes a lot Of Sense.
I'm guessing with the tiny pieces its much better to round up than have an annoyed cusomer with kids at Christmas unable to build their Present

Soldato
And very quickly too! I had a single piece missing from the rebel frigate a few years back. It arrived less than 36 hours after I notified them.

Same here - I had 1 missing piece from my Slave I and about 4 missing pieces from the UCS Falcon (luckily they were only greebling/decorative rather than important structural pieces!)

Back
Top Bottom