1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by stoosh, Nov 7, 2018.

1. TallPaul_S

Soldato

10GB ram all but confirmed for the OP6T McLaren edition, their latest teaser is:

What's next?
    3 4 6 8 _

OP1 had 3GB, OP2 had 4GB, OP3 and 6GB and the 5 onwards had 8GB maximum, so...

Also they will be making a 5G version of the OP7 alongside a 4G version, the 5G model will be $2-300 more than the 4G model.

2. Faustus

Soldato

The head of OnePlus said yesterday the 5G variant due in 2019 will cost at least $200 more than the current base 6T. That's taking the phone into 'silly money' territory. I think I can wait until 5G is the de facto network, at which point prices will have fallen.

Given most of my phone's usage is via WiFi, 5G isn't really on my radar.

3. kona786

Capodecina

Same here not really fussed about 5G, can wait till mid 2020.

4. DrToffnar

Mobster

Mines waiting for me at home now, shame I'm going out tonight... almost worth cancelling for xD

Of all the phones I've had, I've missed having a OP the most. The 3t was the only perfect phone I've ever owned. Don't know why I ever left :/

5. TallPaul_S

Soldato

6. Sp00n

Capodecina

Was kinda hoping for more Papaya, 10gb ram though haha...

7. GMac11

Wise Guy

Warp charge though...:p

8. TallPaul_S

Soldato

Have any of the special editions of the OP phones been available on contract? I've always been a sim free phone and 1 month sim only contract person but a lot of the contracts now are better value and the total cost is barely above what you'd pay buying sim free...

Roll on the 11th :D

9. Kill_Phil

Wise Guy

The karbon case is only available for pre-order on amazon. Does anyone have an idea when it will land?

10. GMac11

Wise Guy

I pre ordered the red silicone and Sandstone cases at Amazon when the phone was released. I'm still waiting on them to show in stock. I gave up and ordered them from AliExpress 2 weeks ago. No sign of them yet but probably still a little early for post from China.

11. stoosh

Mobster

Confirmed OP6T McLaren event device to have 10GB/256GB.

OnePlus says the device will be available in Western Europe and North America from December 13, with availability in India, China and the Nordics soon after

The OnePlus 6T McLaren edition is available for £649 GBP, €699 Euros, $699 USD.

12. TallPaul_S

Soldato

Gotta say I'm very tempted by the McLaren edition especially if you get the full box contents as per the unboxing videos, you get the karbon bumper case worth £28 so the actual increase in price over the standard 8gb/256gb version is £42...

Now, what are the chances of finding it on contract? Slim to bugger all you say?

13. stoosh

Mobster

I feel that with the inclusion of Warp Charge and the extras that are included in the retail box warrants a move to the OP6T.

IMO 10GB Ram is overkill but it's better to have it and not use it then to not have it and need it.

The way OP have implemented the orange colour on the back is classy and understated.

Good job OP.