**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Where do you guys find 7 Pro at a good price? I've got used to using the cheaper online sites to find decent deals on 2 year contracts (e.g. £42/mo nothing up front for my s8+ 20 months ago), but can't find the 7 Pro on any of those sites (mobiles.co.uk, mobilephonesdirect.co.uk etc.), or uswitch.

Not averse to buying SIM free, but wondering if there might be any contract deals out there.

Man of Honour
Is the stock screen protector an accessory or is it actually fitted to the phone? I hate screen protectors and don't really understand why people use them.
It comes fitted, I hate them as well but it's actually pretty decent on this phone as it's factory fitted so there's no wonky fitting or tiny bits of dust caught under it like I've always got when trying to fit my own and it also feels pretty smooth very similar to naked glass.

Soldato
Is the stock screen protector an accessory or is it actually fitted to the phone? I hate screen protectors and don't really understand why people use them.

It's factory fitted, so much better than when a human applies it. That said, mine still came with two trapped air bubbles so I ripped it off.
I used to be so anal about screen protectors, and trying to avoid micro scratches but I finally realised that when you come to sell a second hand android phone, it's worth no more in perfect condition than a bad one, so I stop worrying and just enjoy it.

Soldato
Well it happened... Put my keys in my shirt pocket for two seconds as I dropped my daughter off at school.

Went to get the keys, the fob caught the phone and flipped it out. So so nearly caught it, but It fell about 30cm onto the floor. Screen smashed (in free clear case at the time).

Gorilla glass, pah.

Anyway insurance has kicked in and it's now at ctdi in Poland.

It's been there 4 days and is still showing "awaiting parts". Surely they keep stuff like screens in stock.... Seems not.

It got me to thinking, given that screens are the most common replacement by far. Why don't they design the phone to allow them to be replaced from the front target than having to dismantle the whole phone from the back just to unclip the display ribbon cable?

Hope they do a decent job fixing it.... Anyone had any experience with ctdi (the official European OnePlus service agents)?

Permabanned
Bit the bullet yesterday and finally ordered the Pro. Thought I'd be happy with my 6T for a while longer and I am, but had a go on one of the display models in a Three store last week and that screen... couldn't help myself.

Ordered a skin from XtremeSkins, don't think I'll bother with a case. First phone I'll be carrying naked. Home insurance should cover it if it gets cracked up but can't remember the last time I ever dropped a phone.

Soldato
Well if it helps anyone - 2 week holiday including lots of of sand/sunscream and being dropped in the pool on holiday.....OP7 pro - still looks and works perfectly.

Might not have IP rating but dropped to the bottom of a 1.5m pool and fished out after about 10 seconds - no issues.

Man of Honour
Bit the bullet yesterday and finally ordered the Pro. Thought I'd be happy with my 6T for a while longer and I am, but had a go on one of the display models in a Three store last week and that screen... couldn't help myself.

Ordered a skin from XtremeSkins, don't think I'll bother with a case. First phone I'll be carrying naked. Home insurance should cover it if it gets cracked up but can't remember the last time I ever dropped a phone.
The fingerprint scanner improvement alone is massive when it comes to general usability.

Back
Top Bottom