*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Well I've put my pre-order in now :)

I wonder how many people will be trying to shift their old PS3's on ebay come Nov, might consider selling mine sooner than later. Given I have nearly 20 games, it might come to a decent chunk off the cost of the PS4.

Associate
I pre ordered myself one today. I was quite put off by Microsoft's stance on various things and even though they have done a 180 I'm still not too interested.

I think I'll keep my PS3, though.

Soldato
networking doesnt cost that much, i read some article online that it would cost say £100K to run servers for COD for a year, the game makes billions i imagine therefore £100K a year to them is a drop in the ocean.

the money lost on consoles in the past has been made back through licensing, etc.

mone for the network has been made back by sales of games i imagine of which they take a cut i would imagine somewhere so they can use their PSN network.

Networking doesn't cost that much? What planet do you live on?

The edge switching, core switching, servers, cabling, cabinets, routers and WAN links would cost millions to purchase. Not even considering yearly maintenance or other elements like SANs, virtual infrastructure, resilience/redundancy etc.

Why do you insist on making comments on subjects you know nothing about? *cough* PS4 price being >£400 *cough*

Last edited:
Caporegime
networking doesnt cost that much

eoz.gif

Caporegime
I thought all Sony first party games had dedicated servers? Though tbh I play so little MP I dont know anymore.

In other news looks like Im keeping my pre-order - got a nice dividend coming my way so thought why not :)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I've got a pre-order but I'm agonising over whether to cancel it and get a PS3 instead, I really can't decide what to do. I really want to play the PS3 exclusives and the PS4 launch lineup doesn't interest me that much.

I think I may be buying into the hype as usual...

Soldato
I've got a pre-order but I'm agonising over whether to cancel it and get a PS3 instead, I really can't decide what to do. I really want to play the PS3 exclusives and the PS4 launch lineup doesn't interest me that much.

I think I may be buying into the hype as usual...

PS3 now, then PS4 next year when the price has come down? That way you won't be missing out on the PS3 library.

Back
Top Bottom