*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
People have been commenting on Amazon not having stock for launch now? Where are they getting this information? They also state on their page...

"Want to receive this the day it comes out? Select First Class at checkout. Learn more"

Assuming "when it comes out" means the day Sony release it, then they must be able to guarantee launch day delivery?

Will this be Sony's first console not to carry the PS logo?

It's on the front, back and side

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/712T8-VQAHL._SL1500_.jpg

GAC

GAC

Soldato
But then why don't PC's use all GDDR5 instead of DDR3 and 5? I honestly don't know. Everyone seems to act like 8Gb of DDR3 is going to cripple the One but my PC has that and it seems to do just fine!

cripple the xbone no, but effect its graphical through put yes. after all the main memory is shared on both machines so having gddr5 over ddr3 should make a bit of a difference when it comes to raw graphical power.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Its nice to know the back ground of the PS4 architect. Its great that he came from a software background, rather than management.

He has a great gentle speaking voice, reminds me of Bob Ross :) Its a very interesting informative talk. Especially, when he explains the choices between eSDRAM or not.

Soldato
OP
That suggests that in a few years time, the Xbone will be trouncing the PS4. Surely all the developers know how to work with that memory after having used it for Xbox 360?

I dunno, Mark Cerny will know more about it than me. He's from the game developer stable.

Soldato
That suggests that in a few years time, the Xbone will be trouncing the PS4. Surely all the developers know how to work with that memory after having used it for Xbox 360?

But he said they could use the Edram to get a bandwith of about a 1000 ghz. The highest bandwith I've seen quoted for Xbox ones edram is about equal or slightly above what the Playstation 4 currently has. 200ghz compared to playstations 176, but it has to go through that tiny 32mb gap.

I doubt Xbox one will come close to Playstation 4 performance wise at least with the memory. The latency difference between the two has got be a few micro seconds. When you can load up all the textures and geometry in fewer microseconds on the Playstation 4 because of all the bandwidth.

Back
Top Bottom