*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Just ordered one through Amazon, so hopefully you are correct kitkat:) Can't wait!!Last time I bought a console on launch day was a Nintendo 64, so it's been a while...I always leave it a few months after. Can't this time. Looks like an amazing machine, Sony have nailed it!

Soldato
Spoke to Amazon CS and they said they will have enough stock to guarantee launch day delivery currently.

And all Game stores get an allocated stock of the new consoles for the initial launch window so.

So funny, you made out like you were in the know yet you got this information from a customer service advisor who will have no knowledge of how many units will be obtained from the supplier. I would suggest many retailers have not confirmed how many they can get. The advisor probably told you what they thought was the best answer for the business.

Caporegime
So funny, you made out like you were in the know yet you got this information from a customer service advisor who will have no knowledge of how many units will be obtained from the supplier. I would suggest many retailers have not confirmed how many they can get. The advisor probably told you what they thought was the best answer for the business.

Can't help but agree. The CS guy is hardly going to tell you that your pre-order won't be fulfilled. Because then you'll go order it elsewhere...

All the info we have is that pre-orders have broken all records with these new gen consoles. We know that several places have taken tens of thousands of pre orders already. Amazon will have a large stock allocation, naturally, but they'll also take the most pre-orders by far.

Soldato
Can't help but agree. The CS guy is hardly going to tell you that your pre-order won't be fulfilled. Because then you'll go order it elsewhere...

All the info we have is that pre-orders have broken all records with these new gen consoles. We know that several places have taken tens of thousands of pre orders already. Amazon will have a large stock allocation, naturally, but they'll also take the most pre-orders by far.

Well the fact they are still guaranteeing launch day deliveries, suggests as much does it not?

Caporegime
Perhaps the greater RAM and "better" spec might secure more exclusives in future? Surely a developer wants the freedom of more RAM and the ability to make their games look better?

People said the same thing about Blu-Ray this generation. If it's going multi-format, it doesn't matter. It *may* switch so that the majority run better on PlayStation over Xbox, but time will tell. It's not like Xbox One is a restriction, or at least won't be for quite a while.

Probably the case that PS4 exclusives will be more impressive than XB1 exclusives, but that's no different to this generation really.

Caporegime
Spoke to Amazon CS and they said they will have enough stock to guarantee launch day delivery currently.

And all Game stores get an allocated stock of the new consoles for the initial launch window so.

GameStop got an e-mail in the US saying to take an 'unlimited' number of pre-orders for PS4 launch after they received information from Microsoft that they may have to stop pre-orders soon.

So one can assume it's similar here.

Caporegime
2nd one looks better but they removed some of the mechanics used in the first game which initially made me annoyed but as you get towards the end it picks up and overtakes the first.

Soldato
Well the fact they are still guaranteeing launch day deliveries, suggests as much does it not?

There is nothing on their website displaying any kind of guarantee. It has the standard release day delivery but this is normal for them on any kind of pre order. If the customer service advisor told you over the phone it's a guarantee then good luck getting them to fulfil it on release day if they physically don't have the stock :p

As Foxeye said, it's the biggest console launch in history with record breaking pre-orders. It's obvious that some people that want one on launch will miss out unfortunately. Realistic :)

Soldato
Guys when is the release date? My Catalogue has it at one of the lowest prices i can find @ £350 and they say it will be delivered on the day of launch before the 13th of December.

Back
Top Bottom