*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
So funny, you made out like you were in the know yet you got this information from a customer service advisor who will have no knowledge of how many units will be obtained from the supplier. I would suggest many retailers have not confirmed how many they can get. The advisor probably told you what they thought was the best answer for the business.

Do you not think that maybe, just maybe..... I know its a stretch but bare with me....

That the guy at Amazon who does know how many unit's they have been allocated knows how to use email and stuff? If he did he would be able to communicate with the other staff?

One can but hope....

Soldato
Do you not think that maybe, just maybe..... I know its a stretch but bare with me....

That the guy at Amazon who does know how many unit's they have been allocated knows how to use email and stuff? If he did he would be able to communicate with the other staff?

One can but hope....

You've never worked in retail have you?

It's most likely nobody in their contact centre(s) know. It will be on a strict need to know basis. Retail is so competitive it's not worth risking letting your rivals know your position. Low level employees certainly wouldn't know that they can guarantee one at this stage. It's also highly likely that they still do not know how many they are getting.

In fact, believe what you like :)

Not worth debating really. All will be clear in time

Last edited:
Soldato

It's most likely nobody in their contact centre(s) know. It will be on a strict need to know basis. Retail is so competitive it's not worth risking letting your rivals know your position. Low level employees certainly wouldn't know that they can guarantee one at this stage. It's also highly likely that they still do not know how many they are getting.

So I could pre order at a supermarket and not get one on day 1?

Caporegime
I suspect most retailers will just let you preorder and then the powers that be will beg Sony to ensure their allocation matches those preorders sometime nearer launch date.

Unless they specify the date youll get the console as part of the pre-order, nothing is guaranteed to be launch day...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
So I could pre order at a supermarket and not get one on day 1?

Pretty much. Depends how many they can get their hands on. So stores will work on a first come first served basis. I would however imagine that once they find out the numbers that we will hopefully receives updates from whichever store we purchased from to avoid actual day 1 disappointment :p, just be gutted a few weeks/months earlier.

Soldato

Yes I have worked in retail.

We had email. Very futuristic. I was a buyer for a large car dealers, in fact I had a large input in the design of the showroom customer facing pc software most dealers use today. The very software that can track and manage the movement and specific details of tens of thousands of cars all over the country.

Sophisticated stuff.

Oh, and I also featured in their adverts on tv once. Pretty embarrassing actually.

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
just watching the gadget show and its nice to see the gimboid they flew out to e3 talking rubish claiming you'l need the camera for most games for the ps4. from the look of it its only if you NEED to take a gormless pic of your face for a icon.

Soldato
just watching the gadget show and its nice to see the gimboid they flew out to e3 talking rubish claiming you'l need the camera for most games for the ps4. from the look of it its only if you NEED to take a gormless pic of your face for a icon.

He isn't from the Gadget show, he's a Youtube personality called KSI.

I do agree though, he and the other guy clearly didn't really know what they were talking about.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
He isn't from the Gadget show, he's a Youtube personality called KSI.

I do agree though, he and the other guy clearly didn't really know what they were talking about.

they still tossed him some cash though for his less than informative view on it, but i guess when you have people like jason "mr apple" bradbury its to be expected. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I saw the episode too, i think KSI is great but he's certainly a microsoft lover. Neither of them gave any new or special perception on either of the consoles. I hope the PS Eye isnt needed for many features though now im making the switch to PS because of the Kinnect ideas arent for me, nor is the PS eye in that matter. Atleast he complimented the controller, gives me confidence coming from a 360 controller.

Soldato
just remembered...amazon use yodel if you pay for delivery. not risking amazon sending my ps4 through them, and never receiving it. :p so i've chosen free delivery as royal mail are pretty good.

Soldato
Only watch Pollyanna..

I supposed that gives me a good excuse to put up a picture of her just in case people don't know who she is!
pollyanna-woodward-interview-samsung-smart-tv-11.jpg

;)

Caporegime
I saw the episode too, i think KSI is great but he's certainly a microsoft lover. Neither of them gave any new or special perception on either of the consoles. I hope the PS Eye isnt needed for many features though now im making the switch to PS because of the Kinnect ideas arent for me, nor is the PS eye in that matter. Atleast he complimented the controller, gives me confidence coming from a 360 controller.

You won't need an Eye now that it's being removed. Any interesting ideas that could have stemmed from it will eventually fade away and you'll be left with a similar experience to what you've had for as long as you've been gaming. Now that it's not an inclusion with the PS4, why would developers focus on coming up with clever ways to use it when a minority will own it. You'll see the first run of games probably use it in interesting ways, then eventually less and less.

Soldato
just remembered...amazon use yodel if you pay for delivery. not risking amazon sending my ps4 through them, and never receiving it. :p so i've chosen free delivery as royal mail are pretty good.

They don't use them as much these days. Not had them deliver my stuff in months. Seems to be dpd, city link and royal mail up my way.

Back
Top Bottom