*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I occasionally walk into Game if I am in town with nothing particular to do. Usually browse through the preowned stuff to see if there's anything worth having a go at. Rarely buy anything though.

Not interested in exclusive content...

Hmm but that Dark Souls 2 CE looks tasty :)

Soldato
Just got my email confirming it and offering me to upgrade to one of 6 bundles:

We are happy to confirm that your console preorder is guaranteed for launch on 29th November 2013. We have been working closely with Sony and can now confirm that we have some PlayStation 4 bundles available to you, we just need you to let us know which one you would like:

1. PlayStation 4 console pack including GAME Exclusive Killzone Shadow Fall - £399.99
2. PlayStation 4 console pack including Watch Dogs - £399.99
3. PlayStation 4 console pack including Killzone Shadow Fall (Standard Edition), an additional Dualshock 4 controller and a PlayStation Eye Camera - £449.99
4. PlayStation 4 Console with GAME Exclusive Killzone Shadow Fall and DriveClub - £439.99
5. PlayStation 4 Console with FIFA 14 - £399.99
6. PlayStation 4 Console with Call of Duty: Ghosts GAME Exclusive Limited Preorder Edition - £404.99

Already upgraded to bundle 3 :) (seemed the best value one)

Those bundle prices are rubbish. They dont look like the bundles that sony were talking about.

Associate
Bundle 3 is the only one that looks like it saves any money (which is why I opted for it) I think the rest you could buy anyway for less if you didn't want the exclusives.

I am still waiting for Amazons bundles to see what they will offer.

Soldato
So after the news of all these special bundles arriving in the UK, I got the GAME email basically saying something else - "Upgrade your pre-order to these special bundle offers, which means you're paying only £50 per game!"

No thanks. £50 per game is ridiculous and I'm not paying it. It's reinforcing my thoughts about cancelling altogether and waiting until this nonsense settles down next year.

Man of Honour
So after the news of all these special bundles arriving in the UK, I got the GAME email basically saying something else - "Upgrade your pre-order to these special bundle offers, which means you're paying only £50 per game!"

No thanks. £50 per game is ridiculous and I'm not paying it. It's reinforcing my thoughts about cancelling altogether and waiting until this nonsense settles down next year.
Considering the RRP of the PS4 games are £55-£60, technically you could say it's a good deal.

Soldato
Why do people still buy stuff from Game? They've improved somewhat since their near-death experience but it's pretty obvious they can still be as overpriced as they want, especially when it comes to those dreaded "Game Exclusive" editions.

As what some others have already said, I only buy from GAME if they have an edition of the game I'm looking for and can't get anywhere else. In this particular situation, Shopto were looking to charge me £23.99 shipping of each console, I wanted them at midnight and I also wanted to be able to trade in stuff toward them so GAME seemed like the best option. With buying games going forward, I'll be going back to Shopto.

Man of Honour
As what some others have already said, I only buy from GAME if they have an edition of the game I'm looking for and can't get anywhere else. In this particular situation, Shopto were looking to charge me £23.99 shipping of each console, I wanted them at midnight and I also wanted to be able to trade in stuff toward them so GAME seemed like the best option. With buying games going forward, I'll be going back to Shopto.
My Xbox One is costing me nothing in terms of shipping from ShopTo :confused:

Permabanned

errr shopto has free shipping

Associate
I rarely use Game anymore but for the initial console only price I think most places were the same so I placed one with Game and Amazon to see if either would get me one on launch day, was hoping for an email from Amazon today with some bundle offers but nothing so far...

Soldato
Yeah it's stupid, the last time I ordered hardware from them was a PS Vita in December (shipping was free then) last year I believe this was shortly before they stopped giving reward points on their hardware orders. I love Shopto, just not for consoles -_-

Soldato
Got the same email from Game as a few here did..

Decided to go with the Watchdog offer for day 1 launch.. Was going to buy it anyway, and I probably earn around £10 onto my game card, which will then discount the next game I buy...

Soldato
Just got this from shopto. I ordered on Feb 21st (Day pre-orders went up). Roll on November is all I can say! :D

kqob.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom