*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I've had 2 x Shopto confirmations in the last few days for my 1 pre-order!

Only have PS4 and KZ pre-ordered, will be opting for the PS4, 2 x controllers, Camera and KZ bundle if able to :)

Soldato
Been snooping around, how come Tesco don't have an option to pay for all the console now? Just a crappy £20 payment? Wut?

EDIT: Went onto Tesco Contact Support, here's why they can't take full payment

Disappointing, our staff discount is 20% next week, would have liked to get a few extra quid off it, but not to be :(

Don't suppose your staff discount can be used to load up a Tesco voucher card?

Associate
Just got my PS4 pre-order conformation e-mail from Shopto. Quite surprised as i only ordered a couple of weeks ago.

Heard nothing about my Xbox one pre order.:(

Associate
Well, I've put in a pre-order for the Killzone bundle on Amazon.de. Can't see there being any issues besides needing a different power cable (I can't imagine the language being fixed! I won't be selling the game or console so the box won't be an issue). If there is, then I'll just have to return it.

I am debating popping into HMV and seeing if they have any unallocated stock. Have to pay a deposit but £20 isn't much...

EDIT: Also, it was the new controller that swung it. After playing a PS1 and PS2 for years before trying the 360 controller, I wouldn't have gone with the PS4 had they kept the same design. The analogue sticks were terrible for anything that required long, precise movements as my finger struggles to grip them. The new one looks to be a massive improvement.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Your getting both :):O?
I had all intentions of getting both, but now I'm considering cancelling my Xbox pre-order only because it's a lot of money to drop so close to Christmas, as well as 4 Wii U games on pre-order before Christmas.

Really i should stop pre-ordering stuff and find a cheaper hobby like Cycling.:o

Soldato
Well, I've put in a pre-order for the Killzone bundle on Amazon.de. Can't see there being any issues besides needing a different power cable (I can't imagine the language being fixed! I won't be selling the game or console so the box won't be an issue). If there is, then I'll just have to return it.

I am debating popping into HMV and seeing if they have any unallocated stock. Have to pay a deposit but £20 isn't much...

EDIT: Also, it was the new controller that swung it. After playing a PS1 and PS2 for years before trying the 360 controller, I wouldn't have gone with the PS4 had they kept the same design. The analogue sticks were terrible for anything that required long, precise movements as my finger struggles to grip them. The new one looks to be a massive improvement.

Just wanted to say KZ might be German language only there are a few games like that.

Recently bought Skylanders for the kid from amazon.de and it was German, Italian and Spanish.

Was also surprised to see I could pre-order the PS4 for release date in my local supermarket.

I'm not getting one until at least Christmas 2015 as the PS3 is still more than enough for me.

Last edited:
Associate
Just wanted to say KZ might be German language only there are a few games like that.

Recently bought Skylanders for the kid from amazon.de and it was German, Italian and Spanish.

Was also surprised to see I could pre-order the PS4 for release date in my local supermarket.

I'm not getting one until at least Christmas 2015 as the PS3 is still more than enough for me.

Thanks for the heads up! I was toying with the idea of just cancelling and waiting to see what release day brings to be honest as I don't think I'm bothered enough for the hassle if it does go pear shaped!

I still haven't played The Last of Us yet so games like that can tide me over if I don't manage to snag one!

Soldato
Looks like digital KZ:SF is 50GB

Fergal Gara: First of all, it is definitely going to grow as a means of consumption. And there are big innovations in the PS4 to make it more attractive and more easy gamer wise to want to download. The Play as you Download functionality, for example, means you don't need the whole file before you go. This is a little bit counterbalanced by the fact the files themselves are getting bloody big. Killzone: Shadow Fall is an uber file - I think it's cracking on for 50GB. It looks it, too, when you see it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-28-sony-on-ps4-the-format-war-is-a-marathon-not-a-sprint

Caporegime
Is 50GB the maximum size disc the next-gen can support? I did read that all games (on both systems) will install themselves in the background so that's 1/10th of the starting HDD gone already with just one game. :eek:

Man of Honour
Ouch, huge file size, but not altogether unexpected I think.

I'm now leaning towards the idea of getting a PS4 sooner rather than later, after taking in a load of games to Game and walking out with a voucher for £194. If I trade in my old iPhone as well that'll take me up to about £350 or so, which is enough for the console. My only issue right now is the lack of PS4 titles that really excite me. Is inFamous still scheduled for February next year?

Soldato
Still Feb as far as I can see.

I'm thinking the same about the PS4 and I might even get one without a game. Check what's on PS+ and with the F2P stuff there is still a lot to do, I reckon. If KZ:SF is getting good feedback I might pick it up - I wasn't much of a fan of the others though.

Soldato
Ouch, huge file size, but not altogether unexpected I think.

I'm now leaning towards the idea of getting a PS4 sooner rather than later, after taking in a load of games to Game and walking out with a voucher for £194. If I trade in my old iPhone as well that'll take me up to about £350 or so, which is enough for the console. My only issue right now is the lack of PS4 titles that really excite me. Is inFamous still scheduled for February next year?
Yeah infamous is still due for feb/march afaik.

Only reason to get one earlier would be free to play games imo

Man of Honour
Still Feb as far as I can see.

I'm thinking the same about the PS4 and I might even get one without a game. Check what's on PS+ and with the F2P stuff there is still a lot to do, I reckon. If KZ:SF is getting good feedback I might pick it up - I wasn't much of a fan of the others though.
Yeah, the F2P stuff and the PS+ stuff should be enough for me. I don't see a console price drop coming any time soon, so there's no point holding off in the hope of a price drop early next year. I've never liked Killzone but I might have to watch a few videos of it and see if it looks better than the previous games I've played.

Back
Top Bottom