*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Build quality on PS3 is fine, sounds like you were just unlucky. The only relatively large scale problems with PS3 were the Yellow light of death on very early model fat PS3s

Still have 2 fat SP3s running fine in my house

One 60GB launch model

One 80GB model from 2008

YLoD was what killed my 40GB bought in 2008, but after almost five years of near-daily use (it was my DVD/BD/media player too) I could forgive that, got a second-hand 320GB Slim to replace it.

Permabanned
YLoD was what killed my 40GB bought in 2008, but after almost five years of near-daily use (it was my DVD/BD/media player too) I could forgive that, got a second-hand 320GB Slim to replace it.

I wish I'd just bought an old 320 slim tbh, my mate did warn me the new super slims had problems.

Soldato
I wish I'd just bought an old 320 slim tbh, my mate did warn me the new super slims had problems.

I think that's the price you have to pay for going with the cheaper super slim models sadly :/ I've had my 320GB slim for years now and it's still in near mint condition, and I've never had any problems with other Sony consoles (PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS Vita are all still immaculate).

Permabanned
Didn't notice that you have a super slim instead of slim. Yeah i think they did cheap out on the super slims, they just LOOK cheaper as well.

Yeah feels cheap and tacky. My only option it seems is to use the warranty, but what warranty will I get on the one I get back? Using my warranty 2 weeks after having it feels like a joke.

Caporegime
Why would you use the warranty? Just return it to the retailer for exchange/refund - standard practise for something within 30days

Why do you think I went out of my way to source another Slim when mine died cos of the FIFA 13 demo? Though as it was a BD laser issue I just fixed it...

ps3ud0:cool:

Man of Honour
Just Pre-ordered my first two PS4 games

InFamous: Second Son & Destiny :cool:
I wasn't interested in Destiny at all at first, as I was never really a Halo fan and thought it would just be a newer version of that. The more I watch it though the more I think it could be incredible. It's definitely going to be a day one purchase for me I think.

Soldato
I wasn't interested in Destiny at all at first, as I was never really a Halo fan and thought it would just be a newer version of that. The more I watch it though the more I think it could be incredible. It's definitely going to be a day one purchase for me I think.

I only ever played the original Halo, and that was on PC, and I only played the online, never even started the single player. I really don't think Destiny is going to be anything like Halo except for the graphics/art style.

From what I've heard about the game so far it just seems like it has so much potential if they pull it off. I'm glad they have said you don't have to play the game with anybody else if you don't want to, you can just run around doing the missions on your own if you like, or you can come across random players while exploring one of the worlds and decide to team up together to do something. That idea sounds great to me, I hope it is really that seamless and natural.

Caporegime
Destiny looks fantastic, and I cannot get into Halo and I've never played borderlands.

I think that's the price you have to pay for going with the cheaper super slim models sadly :/ I've had my 320GB slim for years now and it's still in near mint condition, and I've never had any problems with other Sony consoles (PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS Vita are all still immaculate).

You're lucky then, pretty much everyone I know suffered the lens issue with the PS1 all those years ago.

That's been the only console I've ever had issues with out of PS1/PS2/PSP & PS3.

Soldato
Destiny looks fantastic, and I cannot get into Halo and I've never played borderlands.

You're lucky then, pretty much everyone I know suffered the lens issue with the PS1 all those years ago.

That's been the only console I've ever had issues with out of PS1/PS2/PSP & PS3.

My PS1 did struggle to read discs by the end of it's life, but that one PS1 did last me the whole gen without dying completely.

My first PS2 did die eventually. Luckily it lasted until the PS2 slim was released so I replaced it with that straight away.

My launch PSP still works perfectly, never had a single problem with it.

and as I said before, two fat PS3's still working without issue.

Back
Top Bottom