• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
No mention of it having either a standard blu ray or 4K blu ray player. Please put a 4K player in it. Not everyone has fast enough internet for 4K streaming. I imagine this PS5 console will not be cheap so why not give it all the bells and whistles.
Wonders what a PS5 Pro would be like :eek:

Soldato
No mention of it having either a standard blu ray or 4K blu ray player. Please put a 4K player in it. Not everyone has fast enough internet for 4K streaming. I imagine this PS5 console will not be cheap so why not give it all the bells and whistles.

The full article indicates it wouldn't be a "digital only" device, so that means there will be an optical drive of some description.
From what they are promising, the cost of adding a 4k player won't add that much to an already heavy release price.

Soldato

I can’t imagine they’d not put a 4K Blu Ray player in it when they’re future proofing the console up to 8K

Sounds like they may have paid off Kojima to have Death Stranding as a PS5 title, so likely sooner than later launch wise.

Ooo I didn’t think of that - wouldn’t be at all surprised if it was a PS5 launch game. Surely that’d mean a 2020 release though considering how much they’re ramping up with trailers and whatnot

Soldato
Not a chance with that suggested spec it would be under £400, however I have loved my ps4 and still do so very much looking forward to sonys next release, unless the price is crazy it will be day one for me

Soldato
Will be getting one for sure but got a huge amount of PS4 games I need to get through plus the ones that ain't out yet. Holding off though as I need a descent TV to enjoy the games.

Soldato
Not a chance with that suggested spec it would be under £400, however I have loved my ps4 and still do so very much looking forward to sonys next release, unless the price is crazy it will be day one for me
To be honest, I'd probably buy one straight away as long as it's under a grand.

Soldato
I barely play on my PS4, but religiously I buy each new PlayStation on launch day or as close to ever since PS1. Same will apply this time. Looking forward to next-gen VR, though not with the current headset as stated in the article. More pixels needed!

Soldato
Its a good spec if you do not want to spend on a decent PC. But its got nothing useable the PC has not had for a while now tech wise so in the 2 years it takes to release its going to be more or less a true 4K 60FPS capable gaming device with higher quality textures so a PC in a console box for a slightly cheaper price. For that spec no way they sell it for less than £600-700 minimum if not even higher.

PC does not really have any games which truly push the current technology anymore. Sony will have to spend big money to make something worthwhile @ 4K 60FPS with stunning graphics. One huge issue is that it takes a lot more time & money (high 8 figures!!) to make games targeting 4K 60FPS. If the PS5 spec was locked today (it won't be!)your looking at 2-3 years before a single game would arrive which was anything more than an enhanced PS4 title with slightly better graphics & stable FPS.

Soldato
Its a good spec if you do not want to spend on a decent PC. But its got nothing useable the PC has not had for a while now tech wise so in the 2 years it takes to release its going to be more or less a true 4K 60FPS capable gaming device with higher quality textures so a PC in a console box for a slightly cheaper price. For that spec no way they sell it for less than £600-700 minimum if not even higher.

PC does not really have any games which truly push the current technology anymore. Sony will have to spend big money to make something worthwhile @ 4K 60FPS with stunning graphics. One huge issue is that it takes a lot more time & money (high 8 figures!!) to make games targeting 4K 60FPS. If the PS5 spec was locked today (it won't be!)your looking at 2-3 years before a single game would arrive which was anything more than an enhanced PS4 title with slightly better graphics & stable FPS.

PCIe 4.0 and flash / ram hybrid drive (rumoured). Can you get that on the pc yet?

Caporegime
How the hell are they going to put in 8K capability and ray tracing for a reasonable mass market price :confused:

No games console can possibly be over £400-500. Even a £1000+ 2080Ti struggles with ray tracing.

Soldato
Have faith in Sony. They’ll pull it off I reckon. As I said I see the base model being £499. And perhaps larger storage options will be higher in price.

Back
Top Bottom