• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
This gen has definitely hit its plateau graphically for a couple of years now imo. Nothing released that’s giving a huge leap in Gfx and likely won’t be now until the next gen on consoles. The 8k is just hyperbole for marketing. This will be the first proper 4K machine with a consumer base that has 4K TVs. However the varying quality of those is huge with HDR either done correctly or not. Most people simply won’t outlay £1000+ to get a proper hdr tv so will never experience how fantastic it can look. Glad I bought my KS8000 when I did; seems like a bargain now based on Samsung’s current tv prices and still punching way above its weight.

Looking forward to the new machine though got a long wait yet haha.

Soldato
Still happy with the graphics PS4 produces, it was only yesterday I started the DLC for zero dawn and i thought yeah still bloody gorgeous.

Soldato
Was expecting a late 2019 launch, but maybe we're a bit late now? Spring 2020 anyone? Find it hard to believe we're still 18 months from launch, Switch launched great in Spring and so have many prior consoles.

PS4 timeline was something like this
January 2013 Digital Foundry article basically confirming all the 'insider' talk
Feb 2013 PS Event with announcement, specs + games but no price / design
E3 2013 Price + Design + More games
Gamescom 2013 Even more info
November 2013 Released

If we assume they have a PS event around E3 we're on target for Spring 2020.

Caporegime
I think next gen is going to be very interesting. If Sony has all this capability, Microsoft should be one notch higher if Phil Spencer is true to his word. Time to get saving up!

Caporegime
Problem is, they might get it in, but FPS will probably be gimped to 30 yet again. Doing all this at 60fps minimum would be amazing!

The jump to AMD Ryzen will be massive but the problem is no matter how much power you give developers a lot of them will sacrifice 60fps for greater visuals and lazy optimisation at 30fps.

I'm just delighted they're going with Ryzen and 8 cores as well, even a quad core would have laid waste to the current generation console CPU's - 8 cores or not AMD Jaguar is garbage.

Soldato
I thought they said it can support 8K
Was expecting a late 2019 launch, but maybe we're a bit late now? Spring 2020 anyone? Find it hard to believe we're still 18 months from launch, Switch launched great in Spring and so have many prior consoles.

PS4 timeline was something like this
January 2013 Digital Foundry article basically confirming all the 'insider' talk
Feb 2013 PS Event with announcement, specs + games but no price / design
E3 2013 Price + Design + More games
Gamescom 2013 Even more info
November 2013 Released

If we assume they have a PS event around E3 we're on target for Spring 2020.

They haven't said anything about an event around E3? The whole point of them skipping E3 was because they didn't have anything ready enough to show (just imo). The other show they do is the Playstation Experience, but they've traditionally been held in December. Makes more sense to me that they reveal the console proper then, for release in "fall" 2020.

Caporegime
I'm going for small teaser event in August/September (perhaps at GamesCom) then a big reveal at PlayStation Experience in December for the 25th anniversary with a launch in September-November 2020 alongside the usual suspects like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed: Vikings.

Soldato
It might support 8K, but it probably won’t be fully taken advantage of until the mid gen refresh. PS5 Pro anyone?

What? surely your on about the UI, the ps5 will NOT be playing 8k games...

And im sick of these clickbait ads saying "New ps5 feature is EIGHTEEN times! faster than the ps4"... an ssd, a 13 year old technology...

Soldato
You sound like a disgruntled Xbox fanboi tbh.

I have a gaming PC, a PS4 and a nintendo switch dude... I recently sold my Xbox one X because i dont play it..

I am a disgruntled tech customer who like many people have have an actual knowledge about tech, and these clickbait lies are ridiculous.

Just like the 4k lie for the ps4 pro, it did not support native 4k on anything bar a handful of indie games.

Soldato
I just dont understand the journalists...

Capture.png

Back
Top Bottom